FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Mystic

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mystic

Thoughts on the Mystic seminar? I am considering going. My wife wants to do WPPI, and I was considering going along just because...but I have little desire to go for anything other than the trade show.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mystic

I'm thinking of seriously going this year to Mystic. I find WPPI a waste of my money and a promoter of the photo industry 'Rock Star' mentality.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mystic

I know of several locals here that I really respect and love their work whom recommend Mystic very highly. Id like to go as well but man, its far away.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mystic

Curious how the Mystic speakers differ from the WPPI speakers, or any other seminar like that? Agree with Mark on the Rock Star mentality of WPPI, turned off by that.

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:18 AM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mystic

I live in Vegas and would consider Mystic over WPPI

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM
silentwings
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mystic

I attended Mystic this year for the 1st time, it's a blast and I really enjoyed it! It's too sad that they decided to move to Portland next year, which is pretty far away from my place at east coast.

I never attended WPPI before, but I heard so many attendees at Mystic why they loved Mystic more than WPPI.

I would love to consider to attend again if schedule allows.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mystic

We've been to WPPI a couple times and it's great if you a) like Vegas, and/or b) are looking to shop for stuff to boost your business (albums, print products, gear, software, etc.). Educationally it's pretty marginal. The platform classes are huge and rather generic, booth talks can be good (and free), and we haven't done the master classes and can't comment on those. I expect that Mystic would be far superior from a hands on learning point of view. We're probably going to be deciding between the two as well for 2015.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:24 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mystic

bump to see if anyone else from here is going...

Nov 12, 2014 at 04:20 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mystic

Joel, we're doing WPPI for a day just for the trade show, then going exploring with a bunch of photo friends around the area. If you're still considering coming, hit up me or the Lees. Would be great to see you both again soon!

Nov 12, 2014 at 05:17 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mystic

Heya Tony...yeah, both S and I will be at WPPI. Would love to tag along

Nov 12, 2014 at 05:19 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mystic

Come say hi at our WPPI booth

Also considering the option of going to Mystic as well, glad to hear some good reports here.

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM
tgillespie
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mystic

WPPI is a lot... especially if you aren't a conference junky. While I've never been to Mystic, I know Walt and have nothing but good thinks to say about him and his vision. There are some fantastic speakers coming to Mystic this year as well.

Nov 13, 2014 at 01:02 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Mystic

Well, since no one is set to be going to Mystic apart from me (from what I can tell), I guess I will start looking for a roomie from outside of FM

Nov 13, 2014 at 01:04 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Mystic

Joel, I would love to be your roomie.

Just for one night... that's all I ask!

<3

Nov 13, 2014 at 07:21 AM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Mystic

im tempted. Sounds fun, but ive taken too much time off work this year for photography already. Maybe next year.

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.