New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · A Different Message ...

RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Different Message ...

I like receiving this message much better than the other one.

Logistically, too challenging to put my beloved through the drudgery of trying to get the technical issues the way I wanted them ... so this was a "one & done".
But, it may still have some quality of message delivery.

Thoughts

Aug 27, 2014 at 09:33 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Different Message ...

The message is clear, but it seems strange to have no eyes in the image. The eyes are like the doorway into the soul.

Lips and cheeks. A bit of beard to identify the receiver as male and mature. Maybe the mystery is good.

Aug 27, 2014 at 09:48 AM
DianeinCR
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Different Message ...

I get the message clearly. Not sure I love the comp though. I see it more as an abstract. But I tend to go to the extremes with things, and need to learn to find balance. So take this suggestion FWIW.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BkuiisHruSw/U_34LoKOtiI/AAAAAAAABHY/-K8BvDSHjl0/w345-h479-no/KD.jpg

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Different Message ...

I'm a fan of this as shot - love how you can read subtleties of the face to really see how well-received the affection is (corner of the mouth, full cheek, angle of the eye).

Would have preferred if there wasn't the shadow on the kisser's face, but I love you going outside the box on this one.

Cheers!

Jeff

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A Different Message ...

Thanks Jeff,

Good read on the subtleties ... I tried to make sure I put them there.

Yeah, lighting was an issue. My wife has been telling me for years that she wants better lighting in the kitchen.

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:27 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A Different Message ...

Watch out - you might unknowingly get yourself roped into a home improvement project.

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:40 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A Different Message ...

No worries ... I already did the biggest part of what she wanted changed last year.

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:49 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A Different Message ...

Interesting close-up of a "peck". The Panasonic seems pretty capable.

<Homer Simpson-esquely> MMMMM, color adjustable LED lighting for the kitchen ....

Hey, we all have dreams!

Aug 28, 2014 at 03:44 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A Different Message ...

AuntiPode wrote:
color adjustable LED lighting for the kitchen ...

They make 'em ... even adjustable from your i-Phone. A colleague I met on a project had them in his kitchen / dining room.

The Panny isn't perfect, but "surprisingly" capable is becoming less and less of a surprise as I get to know it a bit better. At the moment, I'm beginning to find out that I seem to be the "weak link" as it will tell on my poor technique, when I let it.

It's not going to replace my FF gear (only goes to 25mm equiv wide), but it sure is easier to keep handy ...and likely a whole lot easier to keep the sensor clean, too.

Aug 28, 2014 at 03:57 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A Different Message ...

To me the wife's kiss on the cheek doesn't translate as I would expect. The lips and nose form an unusual upward angle and not flattering. I appreciate you're thought process and trying something new but the image doesn't work for me. I would try different angles I you will need a model willing to smother you with affection

Aug 30, 2014 at 02:21 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A Different Message ...

Thanks Barbara,

You pretty much are seeing the same things that I saw when I chimped it ... and decided to nix the various attempts it would likely take to "get it right", or at least more to the way I envisioned. Some things are more important that a pic, so I abandoned the effort in favor of letting my beloved escape the tedium of working with me on it.

Aug 30, 2014 at 03:27 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A Different Message ...

I also think seeing a reaction ( emotion ) would strengthen the image.

Aug 30, 2014 at 04:01 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.