New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 1D III & IV Remote Camera setup PWIII

dhlewis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1D III & IV Remote Camera setup PWIII

Have two PW III's, the remote camera has the PW remote camera CM-N3-ACC cable gong from the port on the 1D to the PWIII. When I use the 2nd PW III as a remote control the camera will fire without issues. If I mount the second PW on the IDIII (or vise versa) the PWIII red light activates but the camera does not fire. What am I missing? Thx

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:47 AM
kdlanejr
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1D III & IV Remote Camera setup PWIII

I had this issue using a FlexTT5 for the remote camera and a Plus III for the triggering camera. To correct it I had set the FlexTT5 to basic trigger mode. I may have (don't recall specifically) also turned off the hot shoe. You may need to set the Plus III on the remote camera to receive only, but that would defeat relay mode which should still be available.

The Plus III's should already do this by design, so I'm going to have to set up in a similar fashion and test this out, as I don't want it to not work when I need it.

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM
kdlanejr
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1D III & IV Remote Camera setup PWIII

Just checked the plus III's with two Mk IV's. Looks like what you will need to do is change your focus priority to release priority. You are pre-focusing the remote camera and leaving the lens in manual focus, aren't you?

If that doesn't work, you have something else affecting your setup.

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:03 PM
dhlewis
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1D III & IV Remote Camera setup PWIII

Hi, thx. No, camera was in autofocus mode. I was attempting to focus with the half depress feature of the PWIII which works fine when the PWIII is not mounted on the camera. I guess I incorrectly assumed that the master camera would also control the focus on the remote body.

I am not familiar with changing the focus to release priority I'll need to look that one up.

Aug 30, 2014 at 09:27 AM
onesickpuppy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1D III & IV Remote Camera setup PWIII

The only way I got my pair to work...was pre focus the remote, then switch it to manual focus

Works really well....!!

Sep 01, 2014 at 12:13 AM
dhlewis
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1D III & IV Remote Camera setup PWIII

Thx, onesickpuppy, I'll check that approach out soon.

Sep 02, 2014 at 02:40 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.