FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Critique - Steven and Lily

StevenMI
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Critique - Steven and Lily

Would love to hear any thoughts on my work. I feel like I've been a little stuck around the same area for 6 months or so and trying to figure out what it might take to push to the next level. Thanks in advance!

www.stevenandlilyphotography.com/blog

From Morby....
As a community I think we can learn so much from each other, and grow together as photographers. Because of that, I wanted to start a thread(s) that will provide constructive critique, and open it up to anyone desiring to participate. You can participate by offering critique and/or linking your website for critique.

Here is what I'm proposing...

1. PHOTOGRAPHER - Start a new thread and title it "critique - your username". Post a link to your blog or current work. If you don't have one, then just post a link to your website.

2. FORUM MEMBERS - Spend about 5 minutes looking through the photographers current work. Comment on how the photographer can improve and/or try new things. Keep the comments constructive and brief.

3. PHOTOGRAPHER - Take that feedback and implement some of it when you shoot your next wedding.

4. PHOTOGRAPHER - Change the title to "COMPLETED - your username". Post images from your most recent wedding, and explain what you did differently.

5. FORUM MEMBERS - Comment on how well the photographer implemented the critique that was given. Again, keep it constructive.

I'd encourage photographers of all skill levels to post feedback. You don't need to be an established pro to give critique. In the words of Ben Zoma, "Who is wise? One who learns from every man."

Aug 25, 2014 at 09:13 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Critique - Steven and Lily

Really quick - I think you can do a tighter edit on your posts. There's a lot of repetition. For example, do you need 3 different shots of the guys putting on the green? I would leave the best one and take out the other 2. And for the putting shots - could you have gotten a better angle? Gotten down on your stomach behind the hole?

Also, when I'm looking at your main blog page, I'd prefer to see the images be more prominent. All I saw were words. I want to see an image that makes me want to click to see more.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM
StevenMI
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Critique - Steven and Lily

Thanks Inku! I actually have gotten a lot of feedback about tightening up my posts..and you should see how far I've come I still have some work to do but I think i'm making progress. Totally agree about the putting shots and that angle you mention most certainly would have been a better one I bet.

Question: When you say all you saw were words...do you mean that is actually all that was there or that was all you noticed? Just making sure there were actual photos showing up. I do agree that i'd like for the photos to be bigger, especially since I hate the process of writing text for blog posts...so I certainly don't want that to be any more prominent than it has to be. That gives me some ideas though so thanks for bringing that up.

Aug 26, 2014 at 09:02 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Critique - Steven and Lily

Personally, I think you could improve your results just by cutting out/down the clarity... especially when landscapes are involved.

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:42 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.