Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · FS: Leica Summicron-R 35, Vario-Elmar-R 35-70 Macro F/4 ROM

aly324
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Leica Summicron-R 35, Vario-Elmar-R 35-70 Macro F/4 ROM

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Leica Wetzlar Summicron-R 35 2 with coating damage

Available

Price: $580.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority

This copy of the Cron-R 35 is very clean except for

1) Superficial coating damage on the front element

2) Dent on the hood and filter thread. The thread doesn't mount filters anymore, and the hood still slides in and out, but with more resistance and requiring some fiddling. The "advantage" is that if you turn the hood to the right position, it basically becomes a fixed hood due to sheer resistance. I leave it like that for protection.

3) The retaining ring that prevents the hood to slide inwards behind the front collar is loose and can jingle if you shake the lens, depending on where the hood is positioned. I believe it should simply be removed because it serves no purpose now.

Otherwise the lens is in excellent condition. Aperture and focus rings are very smooth and quiet. No optical issues other than slight internal dust. Aperture blades are oil-free.

There is no decentering. On my Novoflex Leica R adapter and A7, infinity is accurate and consistent with my other R lenses.

I bought this lens from a longtime FM user last month, thinking I was going to downsize (already have a Summilux-R 35). But I still prefer the Lux and find that I'd bring that out instead of carrying both.

Price is by Paypal gift or +3%. I'll take care of shipping by USPS Priority, insured and certified. Price is firm and honest. Thanks for not haggling.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Leica R Vario-Elmar 35-70mm Macro f/4 ROM in Excellent Condition

Withdrawn

Price: $980.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority

Not to be confused with the inferior 35-70mm f/3.5 non-Macro lens designed by Minolta. This is a Leica design.

This copy is in superb condition. No problems optically or mechanically. No blemish, no fungus, no separation. There is very little internal dust. I see only a few specks.

Zoom, aperture, and focus actions are all smooth and quiet. No oil on blades.

It comes with original screw-on hood and a front cap that goes on the hood.

Cosmetically it is excellent. There detachable screw-on hood has a tiny bend (see last photo) and a few pinpoint paint loss on the inner edge. The lens body has one small hairline scratch over the "40." There's some dust deposit in the grooves of the rubber rings. Otherwise no notable cosmetic issues.

Price is Paypal gift or +3%, including shipping within Cont USA.

Edited on Oct 16, 2014 at 10:19 PM · View previous versions

Aug 25, 2014 at 07:36 PM
aly324
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Leica Summicron-R 35, Vario-Elmar-R 35-70 Macro F/4 ROM

A couple more.

The superficial on the front coating doesn't seem to cause additional flare or ghosts.

Aug 25, 2014 at 07:38 PM
aly324
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Leica Summicron-R 35, Vario-Elmar-R 35-70 Macro F/4 ROM

Couple of casual snaps with this lens on my A7R. f/2.8, f/8, last two are wide open. Excellent resolution and color rendition.

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM
aly324
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Leica Summicron-R 35, Vario-Elmar-R 35-70 Macro F/4 ROM

Photos of the Vario Elmar Macro 35-70 f/4

Sep 04, 2014 at 02:11 PM
aly324
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: Leica Summicron-R 35, Vario-Elmar-R 35-70 Macro F/4 ROM

More vario elmar f/4

Sep 04, 2014 at 02:12 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.