New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · replying to a thread I started

glennh56
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · replying to a thread I started

I began a thread asking for advice. I came back seven days later with some examples, but after posting to the thread I began it is still showing as the last reply seven days ago, buried back a couple of pages. Is this normal?

Aug 25, 2014 at 04:31 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · replying to a thread I started

You can only bump your own thread two or three times in a presentation board. Then it must be a different person. It was implemented due to serial bumpers.

Aug 25, 2014 at 05:44 PM
glennh56
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · replying to a thread I started

I only answered my own thread a week later, interesting.

Aug 25, 2014 at 06:07 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · replying to a thread I started

glennh56 wrote:
I only answered my own thread a week later, interesting.

Was it the "head shot pose help" thread? That's the only thread I see that you started, and I see four total posts in that thread by you.

Also I think that if you post directly below your last post (responding to yourself), then it won't move the thread to the top either.

I believe Fred implemented this programming change to allow new and fresh threads the chance for visibility in the presentation boards, which are (in general) designed to showcase photographic work and not get repeatedly hammered down by a few aggressive serial bumpers. Through no fault of your own, you just got caught up by the programming logic.

The "Photo Critique" board is where many questions are asked though. And on any other boards that are not presentation boards you can bump forever.

Aug 26, 2014 at 08:27 AM
glennh56
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · replying to a thread I started

Thanks for replying, that would be the thread. It must be because after I had posted thanks, a week later I posted some examples which would be a post be me right after a previous post by me which I assume would be the cause.

Aug 26, 2014 at 03:59 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.