FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · SD and CF Card Wallets

Scott Mosher
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SD and CF Card Wallets

What are you using? I picked up a D810 and I am picking up a few SD cards. I'm looking for a wallet that can hold approx 4 SD and 4 Cf cards. I'd rather do that than carry a wallet for each style.

Aug 24, 2014 at 09:48 PM
awad
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SD and CF Card Wallets

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016XIQ1U

love this one

...minus the velcro. not the best for ceremonies. i just stick the SD cards in the CF slots.

http://www.amazon.com/Think-Tank-Pixel-Pocket-Rocket/dp/B001V8SOIA/ref=pd_cp_pc_1

this one fits 4 and 3, my girlfriend uses this one. i go through more cards than her though.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:48 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SD and CF Card Wallets

I just got the red pixel to replace my cheap neoprene thingy. So far I am liking it.

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SD and CF Card Wallets

awad wrote:
i just stick the SD cards in the CF slots

I'm using Pixel Pocket Rocket, too. And also do stick the SD cards in the CF slots. As a matter of fact, the Pocket Rocket I have doesn't even have the smaller slots for SD cards.

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:28 AM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SD and CF Card Wallets

I have a plastic case I got from my favorite album company, Pictobooks. I holds 4 CF and 4 SD, stacked on top of each other. As I use them throughout the day, I just turn them over so I know theyre used. I cant find them on their site but you can probably nab one if you call and kiss some booty about how awesome their albums are.

Aug 25, 2014 at 09:31 AM
abadass
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SD and CF Card Wallets

I have the Think Tank Pocket Rocket Wallet like the one above but with an extra row for CF cards. I got it for free which is great, otherwise I still wouldnt have one lol. I removed the long hook thing and swapped it with a keyring with a quick release mechanism thingie. I attach my wallet to my HF MoneyMaker.

Aug 25, 2014 at 05:37 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · SD and CF Card Wallets

I use the older version of the LowePro S&F card wallet. Zips closed and has a belt loop. I put SD cards in the CF slots but they wont fall out due to the design.

Gordon

Aug 25, 2014 at 06:09 PM
mci2727
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · SD and CF Card Wallets

IMO you can't find one better than the Gepe Card Safe Extreme - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/332249-REG/Gepe_3861E_Card_Safe_Extreme_Gray.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Static free (those fabric cases scare me), dust free, crush proof/shock resistant, watertight, floats in water.
I use 3 of them and wouldn't buy anything else.
WAY tougher than those cheap Pelican card holders too.

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:40 PM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · SD and CF Card Wallets

This looks just like the pictobooks one I use. Mine doesn't have the windows but otrherwise, it's exact. I agree, it's the best case I've seen.

mci2727 wrote:
IMO you can't find one better than the Gepe Card Safe Extreme - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/332249-REG/Gepe_3861E_Card_Safe_Extreme_Gray.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Static free (those fabric cases scare me), dust free, crush proof/shock resistant, watertight, floats in water.
I use 3 of them and wouldn't buy anything else.
WAY tougher than those cheap Pelican card holders too.

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:58 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · SD and CF Card Wallets

I wanted to buy a hard case like the Pelican or Gepe, but then I realized that I have zero reason to need a waterproof, shock resistant, crush proof case for SD cards that are themselves a pretty durable piece of hardware. Instead, I opted for this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085DZRDE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It holds 18 SD cards and 4 CF. I just use it for SD cards and really don't pull it out too often at an event. I shoot raw only, mirrored to two SD cards on all of my camera bodies. I actually haven't had a problem filling a card as of yet. I primarily use the case as a way to keep cards on my person. After a shoot or event, I pull one of the cards from each camera and put it in the wallet, which I keep on me. The other cards (again, mirrored withe the same data) remain in the camera bodies, locked in my SKB case until I am back home to unload images. The case I use is $6.39 shipped from Amazon Prime and fits discretely in my pocket while zippering shut and holding cards in place securely. So far so good

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · SD and CF Card Wallets

BSPhotog wrote:
I have zero reason to need a waterproof, shock resistant, crush proof case for SD cards ... Instead, I opted for this:

The one you went with doesn't appear fire resistant.

Aug 26, 2014 at 02:12 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · SD and CF Card Wallets

D. Diggler wrote:
The one you went with doesn't appear fire resistant.

, like I said, I keep it on me until I have them unloaded and I'm not fire resistant either I keep enough crap in my pockets, so I'd rather not add a Pelican shaped brick in there as well. Depending how you are using the case, though, I can see the appeal.

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.