New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Print assembly

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Print assembly

I am printing on Canson Rag, and mounting to foam core with a single mat. I use Lineco tape to mount the image to the foam core and then use transfer tape to bond the mat to the foam core.I display un framed until such time as an image gets enough love to displace one of my framed prints.

Question.

I have used t-mount methods but it seems cumbersome and wasteful of the Lineco tape. I have 3/4 inch of bare paper above the image so I have just been cutting a 2.0 long strip and taping the image directly to the foam core. Is there any reason this is a bad idea?

I get plenty of tape overlap and it is still freely suspended as with T-mount. The only thing I see is the tape is now on the image side rather than the back side.

Aug 24, 2014 at 03:22 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Print assembly

The only thing I see is the tape is now on the image side rather than the back side.

The only potential issue with your method is that the adhesive may damage the print surface. But you point out that you have 3/4 inch paper above the image, so damage to the edge wouldn't be a problem.

But, it's not considered an "archival" method, if that matters to you.

John

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Print assembly

BluesWest wrote:
The only potential issue with your method is that the adhesive may damage the print surface. But you point out that you have 3/4 inch paper above the image, so damage to the edge wouldn't be a problem.

But, it's not considered an "archival" method, if that matters to you.

John

I try to use good methods, but most of my prints end up stacked in sleeves. I just built a basement addition with enough space for 25-30 prints (un framed) so I am taking some out of the archives and hanging them.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:16 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.