Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · gift registry for wedding photography?

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · gift registry for wedding photography?

So I'm in the process of booking a bride and she mentions that she'd like to have a gift registry set up for her wedding photography. I do credits toward albums/prints that don't cover the costs of a flushmount album, so this would be a pretty nice way of helping them cover those costs. I'm thinking it might be a pretty good feature to offer my other B&Gs as well.

Does anyone do this? Curious how you have it set up, if so.

Thanks,
Ron

Aug 24, 2014 at 02:08 AM
NYstyles
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · gift registry for wedding photography?

I did it, and offer it. (Only has been done once so far)

They set their own registry and I was on the list. They(gift giver) contacted me to pay money towards it. I send Paypal invoices to pay through email. This 'gifter' handles letting the couple know they paid money towards their photography.

One time it was done two people paid money, one for $300 and one for $500 so it covered a nice chunk of their fee. I just let them know what the final is owed now by the contracted date. It was also nice on my end getting those chunks of before money due date.

Aug 24, 2014 at 07:57 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · gift registry for wedding photography?

Nice! I'm not sure if I can, but I'd like to set it up so they can go to a website page and pay via credit card on that without going through us, make it as easy as possible. We don't have that set up like that at all lately. When our B&G clients pay via credit card, we also use Paypal or they can pay us via Chase and we run their card ourselves.

While it can be paid toward their photography before their contracted funds are due 30 days before the wedding, anything after that can be applied to their album. This couple has been married before and thus don't need china or all the household things people often buy through the registry, so they're thinking people can really help them with the photo/video costs.

Aug 24, 2014 at 08:13 AM
carriedaway
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · gift registry for wedding photography?

Something like ciderr.com ? I'm sure there are other ones too, but I think that one is pretty highly recommended.

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · gift registry for wedding photography?

I tried Ciderr for awhile (about 9-12mos I think), but dropped it as I wasn't getting any interest, and didn't want to keep paying the monthly fees. But I am absolutely sure someone could make it work, if marketed correctly at the right b&g's...

What I did was try to market it to b&g's who just couldn't afford what they wanted, but when I pitched the photography registry, they generally felt it was tacky to ask guests to pay for part of the wedding (now, there's a lot you can debate with that, I am just the messenger lol).

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM
mirrorrim
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · gift registry for wedding photography?

If you sell prints in an online gallery you could set up something like this. I've seen people set up registries in Shootproof by uploading jpeg images of various items (albums, canvas, or just generic amounts of money) and then guests can go through and "purchase" that item.

Aug 24, 2014 at 01:57 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · gift registry for wedding photography?

mirrorrim wrote:
If you sell prints in an online gallery you could set up something like this. I've seen people set up registries in Shootproof by uploading jpeg images of various items (albums, canvas, or just generic amounts of money) and then guests can go through and "purchase" that item.

The issue with that is that you have to set a price. I'd rather the guests have the freedom to set their own price. I guess I could send them to a page where they could buy a 5x7 for $100, another for $200, and so on. Hmm... that might work.

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:46 AM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · gift registry for wedding photography?

I use Photocart to do that.

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:49 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · gift registry for wedding photography?

brianclary wrote:
I tried Ciderr for awhile (about 9-12mos I think), but dropped it as I wasn't getting any interest, and didn't want to keep paying the monthly fees. But I am absolutely sure someone could make it work, if marketed correctly at the right b&g's...

What I did was try to market it to b&g's who just couldn't afford what they wanted, but when I pitched the photography registry, they generally felt it was tacky to ask guests to pay for part of the wedding (now, there's a lot you can debate with that, I am just the messenger lol).

It does make sense that it could come across as tacky. Since this may just be a one-time thing, I definitely don't want to pay any monthly fees.

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:57 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · gift registry for wedding photography?

Inku Yo wrote:
I use Photocart to do that.

That looks interesting. Do you sell your prints through that as well?

Aug 25, 2014 at 09:45 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.