New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

beebibi
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

Hi, need your help to find the right sd card for my IDS MkII camera - lost the old one and now I am stuck - tried the 32GB sd hc card as recommended by canon for the 1DS mark III
card and no luck with that one.

Thanks in advance

Best Bee

Aug 23, 2014 at 05:13 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

You don't need a fast one or a large one. There is only 16.7MP RAW + JPG as the largest size to record, no video. Buffer speed is not great, so any Class 6 or 10 SD will be fine. I don't see any reason to go larger than 16MB, and that worked fine in mine when I had it. Don't know why your 32GB didn't work -- maybe a limit I am not aware of. More likely the type of card (did you get a "7"?). For CF and SD, I've had good luck with Transcend and Kingston, without spending for more expensive Sandisk or Lexar cards. I've not had one fail yet.

Aug 23, 2014 at 06:53 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

Check the firmware version. I'm not sure of the final capacity, but SD cards were limited to 2GB when the body was introduced.

EBH

Aug 23, 2014 at 07:01 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

I grabbed these for my recently purchased 1D Mark II N and they work fine...

Transcend 32 GB High Speed Class 10 UHS Flash Memory Card Up to 90 MB/s TS32GSDHC10U1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085T0VXY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Transcend 32 GB Compact Flash Card 400X (Blue)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WE4H8I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers,
Jerry

Aug 23, 2014 at 07:48 PM
beebibi
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

EB_1 Yes, I think you are right - I checked the firmware and I have Vers. 1.0.3. and I believe I need to update - it says in the camera card retaining firmware is required to update. Pls how do I go about it? My cf card is in the body. I forget what procedure I have to follow.

Pls. help

Thanks a lot

Aug 23, 2014 at 08:46 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

Here's a link to Canon's site, the drivers and support section for your 1Ds2. Before updating the firmware, for any EOS body, make sure the battery has a 'FULL' charge. If an update gets interrupted it can corrupt the camera, make it a doorstop. Firmware v1.1.6 is the latest...

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_1ds_mark_ii#DriversAndSoftware

Here's a write-up for updating firmware...
http://www.eos-network.com/2011/02/is-your-camera-running-the-latest-firmware/

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:17 PM
beebibi
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

StillFingerz: thanks a lot - I should be all set now.

GunZorro: Will bear your suggestions in mind, thanks

Aug 24, 2014 at 09:44 AM
beebibi
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

Trouble updating the new firmware...

Got as far as inserting the memory card (cf) into the reader - then the trouble starts: can't copy the updated firmware in the computer on the memory card - how can I place the firmware file in the root directory of the memory card - now I am stuck, can't find any root directory of the memory card ...

very confusing for me - please help

Appreciate you patience

Best, Bee

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:59 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

Assuming you are using a PC, open Computer or My Computer to find the drive letter associated with the card reader.

Have you never used SD and CD cards on your computer before?

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:58 PM
beebibi
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

...all is well that ends well - the problem is fixed and I have updated the latest firmware on my camera and could format my new deolux sdhc 32GB card in the EOS 1ds MkII :-)

Nobody could have helped me from afar ... the card reader I used didn't show itself on my computer window when I activated it with my cf card so there was no way I could have copied the new firmware onto the card.

My computer guy fixed it....

thanks to all of you who tried to help me

Best, Bee

Aug 26, 2014 at 05:55 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Which SD card for1DS MkII

Congrats on sorting out the problem!

Aug 26, 2014 at 07:10 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.