Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1 DX- Blinking black square in viewfinder

Chriswong1973

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1 DX- Blinking black square in viewfinder

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this has been asked before; I did a brief search and couldn't come up with anything. I just got my 1 DX back from a routine clean and check. Perhaps this was always there, but now I notice, that when I am in One Shot or AI Servo, there is a constant black blinking square in my viewfinder, which is separate from my focus points. It is to the far right of the viewfinder "grid" (3 o'clock position)

It is present when, under the "AF point display during focus" option is selected as "Selected (constant)" as well as "Selected (pre-AF, focused).

It is NOT visible when I select the "Selected (focused)" option.

It is also NOT visible when I separate the AF points under the "Orientation linked AF point" option, and shoot is portrait mode?! It IS visible under these settings when I shoot in landscape mode.

Is there any way to disable this What am I missing. I may be craze, but I never noticed this until I received my camera back.

BTW, I have the latest firmware, 2.0.3

Thank you for any info

-C

Aug 23, 2014 at 02:06 AM
diverhank
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1 DX- Blinking black square in viewfinder

It appears that somehow you have activated the "registering AF point" which is designed you to switch to a pre-registered AF point at the push of a button. You should look for "registering and using an AF point" in your camera user manual for how to turn it off. On my 5D3 manual, it's page 324. Unfortunately I don't have the 1DX manual.

Aug 23, 2014 at 02:36 AM
Chriswong1973

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1 DX- Blinking black square in viewfinder

Thank you!

you were correct. on the 1 DX, you erase a registered focus point by holding the EC button and focus point selection button simultaneously...

I'm blaming Canon CPS for this one

-C

Aug 23, 2014 at 02:55 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password