New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2014 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

howard
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

CR has no source, all their stuff is made up.

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:42 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

timbop wrote:
CR is guessing/throwing darts at a wall.

But imagine the traffic. Are they wanting to sell the site?

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:56 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

howard wrote:

Sort of like your post?

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

howard wrote:

I thought everybody knew this. It's all speculation and there will never be a credible source of information.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

It is also speculation as to whether or not CR or any similar sites have any credible sources of info.

Still fun though, eh?

Aug 23, 2014 at 01:34 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

Imagemaster wrote:
It is also speculation as to whether or not CR or any similar sites have any credible sources of info.

Still fun though, eh?

This camera seems to have generated more hype and craziness than the 5D III. From all the specs that I've seen and there have been many posts about specs, I can't imagine why.

Nothing to see here just move along......

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:31 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

Still fun though, eh?

No, it's not. Actually, it's kind of pathetic that we all have nothing better to do than obsess over a camera that may or may not exist.

John

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

BluesWest wrote:
No, it's not. Actually, it's kind of pathetic that we all have nothing better to do than obsess over a camera that may or may not exist.

John

So if it is not fun, what are you still doing on two 7D2-rumor threads Pathetic, eh?

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:19 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

jimmy462 wrote:
Megapixels, mega-pickles, phooey. If it doesn't do a clean high-ISO (i.e. 25,600 with a usable 51,200) and doesn't improve on DR by any great margin over what currently exists in the 7D, well, then phooey on that, too.

The world doesn't need another daytime-only sports body.

+1, I am interesting on 7D2 sensor specs to see what canon potentially brings on the table for the next ff bodies. All other features won't attract me one bit.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:28 AM
rebelshooter
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

gocolts wrote:
AF at f/8 and a full stop better ISO than the 7D, and I'm a buyer. Otherwise, eh. I'll hold onto my 7D/6D combo for awhile longer.

I agree. 20.2 will be plenty of mp for me. In my mind these two features make me a very interested buyer.

Aug 24, 2014 at 05:43 PM
shutterbug guy
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

One thing I would like to see is the pixel quality from the 7D that I get from my 5D's. When I pixel peep the 7D @ 100% then do the same with the 5DII or III, no comparison, hands down.

Aug 24, 2014 at 05:51 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

The 5d is a much lower pixel density and larger pixels ..

Aug 24, 2014 at 06:53 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

Most of us agree that 16-20mp is more than enough for event photography and even portraits so resolution is not an issue but sensor / image quality is. So Canon should up their game in regards to sensor performance with a new 7D. The 7D II should sport a new sensor with more dynamic range (2 stops more), no shadow banding and good clean high iso. AF should be at least on a 5D3 level with the speed to track at at least 8 fps. Improvements in functionality, controls, and body feel should be a given. The original 7D is pretty good in that regard so most improvements should be under the hood.

With the improvements made in mirror less bodies larger cameras with mirror boxes are getting harder and harder to justify so new models better have much improved performance to stay on top of the game.

Aug 25, 2014 at 07:03 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

Sneakyracer wrote:
Most of us agree that 16-20mp is more than enough for event photography and even portraits so resolution is not an issue but sensor / image quality is.

But the two (MP and IQ) so often go hand-in-hand. Of course it is all about striking a balance between MP and gain. But I'll take all the MP I can, because in certain situations cropping is inevitable. Now of course cropping into heavy gain should be avoided... and around and around goes the dog as it chases its tail.

Aug 25, 2014 at 07:10 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

Sneakyracer wrote:
Most of us agree that 16-20mp is more than enough for event photography and even portraits so resolution is not an issue but sensor / image quality is. So Canon should up their game in regards to sensor performance with a new 7D. The 7D II should sport a new sensor with more dynamic range (2 stops more), no shadow banding and good clean high iso. AF should be at least on a 5D3 level with the speed to track at at least 8 fps. Improvements in functionality, controls, and body feel should be a given. The original 7D is
...Show more

As a sports shooter the top priority for this body is FPS (should be 10), AF tracking (should be 1DX like), large buffer (similar to 1DX), and high ISO IQ. If Canon can also up the low ISO DR then great but it's not nearly as critical as high ISO for this body.

Aug 25, 2014 at 07:30 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

http://thenewcamera.com/what-to-expect-from-canon/

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Gary Irwin
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

Even as a birder where there's never enough reach, I'd be happy with 20.2 MP provided ISO performance is reasonable. I'm not asking for the moon...ISO just needs to be decent considering the high-density crop sensor that it is. I currently shoot a D800 which equivalent to 15MP on DX -- max acceptable ISO for me is 800 ... that would be a good target.

I'd like it to have 14 stops of DR at low ISO, but could live with 13, especially given the large number of cross-type focus points and 10 FPS rumoured.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

Imagemaster wrote:
http://thenewcamera.com/what-to-expect-from-canon/

#2 seems the far likelier body - a 7d2 with better DPAF than the 70d, closer to the 5d3 AF, moderate improvement in sensor, and 8-ish FPS.

I don't see them debuting multilayer sensors in the pro or even prosumer market; it would be a lot safer for them to put it in a rebel if it doesn't work as well as intended...

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:56 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

ggreene wrote:
As a sports shooter the top priority for this body is FPS (should be 10), AF tracking (should be 1DX like), large buffer (similar to 1DX), and high ISO IQ. If Canon can also up the low ISO DR then great but it's not nearly as critical as high ISO for this body.

So...you basically want a 1DX with 10fps and a slightly smaller buffer...
wouldn't a 1DIV fit that bill? (just sayin...) or why not a 1DX?

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · 7DII prospective specs poll & Q

ggreene wrote:

So...you basically want a 1DX with 10fps and a slightly smaller buffer...
wouldn't a 1DIV fit that bill? (just sayin...) or why not a 1DX?

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.