New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Biker Chick

mrmitchell

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Biker Chick

Hi everyone. After lurking here for years, it seems it's time for me to present some of my photos too, for kind C&C so that I can advance my skills.

"Mi esposa" kindly agreed to pose with my new-to-me bike for a few photos as a birthday present, so... here are a few of mi modelo favorito. I didn't have access to a high-speed sync flash, so had to put on a polarizing filter (as a neutral density), and close the aperture a bit. But without the flash, the reflected sunlight in the courtyard is very yellow and hard to compensate for.

Thanks for looking.

© mrmitchell 2014

1)

2)

© mrmitchell 2014

3)

4) Since Dirtfan and Herb were so complementary of my wife, she allowed me to add this one

Edited on Aug 22, 2014 at 02:26 PM · View previous versions

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:12 AM
dirtfan
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Biker Chick

Awesome work for the equipment you have and I also say great job to the model.

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Biker Chick

First great looking model, with great legs.

First photo she looks like she is getting ready to ride, except we both know she isn't riding dressed like that. Second and third photo looks like she has to touch the bike because it is there.

You have a great model....objective is how to combine the two so that someone who looks at the photo wants to look at it and remember it...the WOW factor.

I would suggest googling "images of women on motorcycles" and see how other photographers have posed women with the bikes. One pose you need for sure is her laying on the bike with those long legs dropped off the back in some form or fashion that really adds punch to the photo because you see the gal first and then the bike and it is burned into your head because they compliment each other so nicely.......take advantage of those long legs and pose them to work the photo for you.....

Here are a few that I found...if I need to delete them because they are not mine, I am sure one of the moderators will let me know...but the poses are nice and your model is dressed like them.....so take advantage of those great legs she has....

Just my 2 cents....

Posing 1

Posing 2

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM
mrmitchell

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Biker Chick

I actually have a couple of her "trying" to lie down on the bike. But an Indian-made bike is NOT as big as the cruiser you show, and the photos were and looked VERY uncomfortable. That just didn't work without a Harley-sized bike. We used my new daily-driver for these shots.

Frankly, in your 2nd example, it looks to my like she is just touching the bike because it is there too. I don't really see the point you are trying to make with that one.

Aug 22, 2014 at 01:17 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Biker Chick

I'd say, ditch the bike and shoot more of your gorgeous wife. I'd love to see more of her pretty face.

If you want photos of the bike, give her some tools and some overalls, unzipped appropriately, and shoot scenarios of her working on the bike.

Aug 22, 2014 at 05:12 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Biker Chick

Lovely shots. Quite like them.

However, I would love to see her riding the bike with wind in her hair .. almost any location -- a motion blur grunge or pretty background would be super fine.

There are too many pictures of pretty girls WITH a bike ... and so few RIDING.

Aug 22, 2014 at 05:21 PM
mrmitchell

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Biker Chick

JBPhotog wrote:
I'd say, ditch the bike and shoot more of your gorgeous wife. I'd love to see more of her pretty face.

If you want photos of the bike, give her some tools and some overalls, unzipped appropriately, and shoot scenarios of her working on the bike.

Thanks, JBPhotog. I'll see if I can get permission to post a few more shots. I agree, the bike was the excuse, the girl was the reason. But I like your idea regarding the girl mechanic in (strategically placed) coveralls....I'll see what I can do... may take a while, though.

Aug 22, 2014 at 05:36 PM
KBeeson

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Biker Chick

Great pictures. How does she keep the bike upright in #1 and #4?

Aug 22, 2014 at 05:36 PM
mrmitchell

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Biker Chick

tonyfield wrote:
Lovely shots. Quite like them.

However, I would love to see her riding the bike with wind in her hair .. almost any location -- a motion blur grunge or pretty background would be super fine.

There are too many pictures of pretty girls WITH a bike ... and so few RIDING.

Thanks, Tony. That was my original idea...but she cannot ride... not even a bicycle . And she refused to wear anything sexy in public where I could get a good background. Frankly, I'm surprised she let me post these. Happy, but surprised.

However, with all the great comments, she is feeling flattered. Maybe in time.

BTW Tony. I was born in Calgary. I certainly miss the Rockies and the winter Chinooks. It's nice to hear from a fellow Calgarian.

Aug 22, 2014 at 05:40 PM
BokehBeauty
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Biker Chick

Esposa muy linda. My eye is a bit distracted by your patio. Maybe closer to sunset with less ambient light and more focused flash light would have helped to keep the eye on the bike and your wife.

Aug 23, 2014 at 02:26 PM
mrmitchell

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Biker Chick

BokehBeauty wrote:
Esposa muy linda. My eye is a bit distracted by your patio. Maybe closer to sunset with less ambient light and more focused flash light would have helped to keep the eye on the bike and your wife.

That's a wonderful idea. Not only would that have darkened the background, it would also have let me open up the aperture and blur the background too. Thank you for the suggestion.

Aug 23, 2014 at 03:26 PM
tsilva

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Biker Chick

mrmitchell wrote:
But without the flash, the reflected sunlight in the courtyard is very yellow and hard to compensate for.

Thanks for looking.

Nice photos, your wife is beautiful!

You might want to look into the X-Rite ColorChecker Passport to help in controlling color casts and getting correct colors.

http://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?id=1257

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:41 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Biker Chick

Stunning wife, lovely bike and I like the colours of the surroundings to contrast and complement both the bike and your wife's beautiful skin tones. However I do find the black window top left very distracting in a few of the shots and I'd be looking to try and exclude that from future work.

#3 didn't do anything for me, a little boring, however I loved all of the others. I'd suggest that there needs to be a degree of dynamism to make the shots work best.

Aug 24, 2014 at 03:27 AM
AlanWrench

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Biker Chick

Number 2 and Number 4. Fantastic!! Got more?

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.