New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Some Chicago (7 photos)

Blakemore
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some Chicago (7 photos)

This was my first trip to Chicago and really my first trip to any major metropolitan area. I live right outside of Cincinnati and up until two weeks ago, thought I had moved to the "big city" when I left Alabama.

I had two short days in Chicago and didn't have a lot of money to spend. I really wanted to do the Willis Tower tour and shoot from the top but with a family of four that gets pricey fast. Since I had absolutely no familiarity with the city, no time to really stop and plan, and certainly out of my typical photographic element, I had to be satisfied with walking around (usually three blocks behind my wife and kids) and just shooting what I saw from the hip. I still haven't gotten through all the shots, and I don't know what you guys will think of these but I kinda like it. Of course, I'm open to suggestions for when I attempt to shoot city stuff again. I don't know when that might be since Chicago scared the crap outta me, but maybe one day.

Here is the entire B&W album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124135949@N05/sets/72157646644962552/

6. I love the color version of this one: https://flic.kr/p/oMs9Eo

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:00 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some Chicago (7 photos)

Great set Jeff, I really like the processing, especially like the lighthouse!
Douglas

Aug 22, 2014 at 06:51 AM
tomandmarj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some Chicago (7 photos)

I agree with Douglas; good captures and super processing.
regards, tom

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Dougo
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some Chicago (7 photos)

Wonderful set here Jeff, I particularly like the 3rd and the last shot of this collection, that's not to say the others are shabby either

Cheers Ray

Aug 23, 2014 at 02:07 AM
Fstr.
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some Chicago (7 photos)

I live in Chicago. I think you have done a marvelous job with these.

Aug 24, 2014 at 01:18 AM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some Chicago (7 photos)

Thanks everyone.

Douglas, I was so excited about capturing that lighthouse. I thought I would like some of the angled shots of it more but for some reason that straight-on shot really stood out. The color version of that one turned out nicely also.

Tom, I really enjoy processing the BW versions. Finding that balance in contrast and texture isn't always easy work. I'm really hoping to improve even more.

I appreciate that Ray. I was grabbing whatever I could while trying to stay caught up with the wife and kids. I was very surprised at the third one. It reminds me of some old prop from Doctor Who back in the 60s. Come to think of it, the lamp post does too! .

That means a lot Fstr. Very glad that these represent your city well On another note... your city... WOW. Fast paced, impatient, and beautiful. Although, I am surprised I didn't get yelled at for stopping on the sidewalk with a camera to my face. I guess the locals are used to stupid tourists.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.