Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2014 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

Shane3v3

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

300 F4 VR
24-70 F2.8 VR
or
24-70 F2

Aug 23, 2014 at 06:08 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

playerofwar wrote:
Also, a lot of people that are actually moaning all the time about the lenses and camera's we don't have, would actually never buy that certain gear.

BenV wrote:
not sure your opinion is true, but to each their own.

playerofwar wrote:
I said a lot of people, because of course there are always people that like certain new features and for that need a new camera.
Some people have been shooting with low-end glass and bodies all their life and will never buy an expensive piece of gear, but are moaning on forums that a certain make has to make this piece of gear for them. When that piece of gear actually comes out, they will not buy it because 'this feature is missing', but they never planned to buy it...
Some people even claim to be pro's and have all the pro
...Show more
Steve Perry wrote:
Not to bust your chops, but your entire hypothesis is based on the fact that one guy was full of crap?

I honestly think there are a lot of people who really do want certain features and would happily purchase the gear if it had it.

Yet they never seem to make what we want even though it is technically feasible. It's some oddball paradox.

EBH

Aug 23, 2014 at 06:25 PM
jhinkey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

EB-1 wrote:
Yet they never seem to make what we want even though it is technically feasible. It's some oddball paradox.

EBH

Unfortunately Nikon seems to bring us one feature, but then do a bone-headed move on some other feature. For me it was the poor live view implementation on the D800 - almost was enough to send mine back, but all the other things that the D800 improved upon the D700 was enough to keep it.

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
RRRoger
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

The Rumor mill is dead. We should expect nothing!

I would like to see a D7200 with unlimited Video recording thru continuous 4GB segments.

Even better would be to unlock the firmware on the D5300.

How about introducing a new (affordable) DX or FX mirrorless camera body?

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:41 AM
playerofwar
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

Steve Perry wrote:
Not to bust your chops, but your entire hypothesis is based on the fact that one guy was full of crap?

I honestly think there are a lot of people who really do want certain features and would happily purchase the gear if it had it.

Yes, I know there are a lot of people that will buy new camera's because of the new features, but I barely heard those people complain about the gear they currenlty have or features it misses. The wedding pro I second shoot with never ever complained about his gear (had up to a few months ago D2X's) but when he got to shoot my gear for a few hours (his bag got missing on the airport and I gave him my main body whilst I shot my second one), he bought 2 D4s's and a D800e with all the big glass. The pictures he delivers are still of the same quality as before, and even if he had to shoot with a D7000 he would still be able to deliver the same results.
He told me indeed he happily bought this new gear and he is enjoying shooting it a lot. But he also told me that he could achieve 99.9% of these shots with his old camera's and didn't actually need the new features he likes using in the new camera's.
There are always people that NEED the extra features. Like birders need the silent D810, sports shooters need a few extra fps or faster AF, landscape and studio shooters need some more sharpness/DR,...

I think FM is the forum with the least amount of bs people, that's why this is the only forum I visit anymore. If you go on DP forum or some others, you will see how many thousands of lying people there are on the internet.

My comment was indeed much exagerated, sorry for that.

Aug 25, 2014 at 06:15 PM
nikt
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

Fast approaching and we haven't seen any REAL leaks. That's great for Nikon if they are really releasing more gear. I prefer that than knowing months in advance

Aug 25, 2014 at 08:07 PM
LivLif
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

D750 pro style body and a wireless SB-9xx

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:45 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love a mini D4s. Like, same unibody, just a bit smaller. Like the size of a d600 with grip.

Aug 27, 2014 at 09:06 AM
clew
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

BenV wrote:
I know it'll never happen, but I'd love a mini D4s. Like, same unibody, just a bit smaller. Like the size of a d600 with grip.

Amen. No pop-up flash would be awesome. I hate them. Integrated grip on a smaller camera is also interesting.

Aug 27, 2014 at 02:45 PM
RexGig0
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

With the purchase of two pre-owned D700 cameras earlier this year, plus one pre-owned and two new Nikkors, and a second Nikon A, I am not sitting on any money in anticipation of Photokina announcements! (My wife claimed the first Nikon A that I bought, which was OK; she was entitled, being the mentor who guided me into SLR photography.) I might have been interested in a D300s successor, but with my move toward Nikon FX, while continuing to use cropped-frame Canons, (both 1.6x APS-C and 1.3x APS-H,) my interest Nikon "pro DX" was waned.

With the Df, D4s, and especially the D810 being newly-delivered, I was not expecting any new FX camera announcements for a while, so the D750 was a surprise. It will be interesting to see what it will be, but until I determine which direction my shooting might take after I retire in the next one to four years, it will be difficult to know which new FX camera will be the best choice. Will it be the D4s for rugged outdoor shooting in this wet, tropical corner of Texas, a D810 for landscapes and seascapes, a Df for being the old guy walking around with a camera, or a D750, for whatever it may be best suited?

It will be nice to have choices!

Having said that, my existing gear is quite good, especially my lenses and flashes. I prioritized lenses, Speedlites, and Speedlights in 2012 and 2013. Good glass and good lighting keep my older cameras relevant. Photokina will be interesting, of course, but my end-of-year income bump might be spent on another 600EX-RT and another SB-910.

Aug 27, 2014 at 03:46 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Photokina - what are you holding out for?

tele micro lens - with zoom I hope

Aug 27, 2014 at 06:44 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.