Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers d...

BrandonRussell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

I don't care about other people with cameras during the rest of the day, but I'm getting pretty tired of these kind of images at the ceremony. I think I'm going to ask brides to ask guests not to shoot photos during the ceremony.

Aug 21, 2014 at 01:12 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Yes.

Recently had a couple make this sign for their ceremony and they donated it to me for use at future weddings.

Aug 21, 2014 at 01:14 PM
BrandonRussell
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Or maybe it's just August...

Aug 21, 2014 at 01:14 PM
BrandonRussell
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

That's brilliant. I want one.

Aug 21, 2014 at 01:15 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

My pet peeve is when they pull out the iPads... every wedding now days. We need to start posting images of seas of iPads so they get the hint. (with obligatory derogation statements, of course) lol

Aug 21, 2014 at 02:31 PM
BrandonRussell
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Yeah, I keep thinking the iPad ceremony photography phenomenon is going to die but it sticks around. Nobody realizes that the camera in your clunky iPad is exactly the same as the one in your phone.

Aug 21, 2014 at 02:49 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Ha, this was a wedding I shot last week:

?1[/IMG]

Aug 21, 2014 at 05:12 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Need one of those camera jammers like Bruce Wayne had in The Dark Knight Rises.

(For those who didn't watch it:

...think it's flipped/reflected sideways as my DVD version was different!)

Aug 21, 2014 at 06:12 PM
BrandonRussell
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Wow, that is terrible. Are these people ever going to watch these videos or look at their pictures after they post them on Facebook? I doubt it.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:53 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

it's not so bad as long as you get the shot you need, but there are times and situations that mess up otherwise perfect photos. at a recent wedding I had a guy walking around taking photos and he was the only one not in his seat and I did ask him to stay seated because I was envisioning what he had the potential to do to an otherwise beautiful ceremony and thankfully he obliged and he understood why I asked him to do that and he was nice about it

Aug 22, 2014 at 05:19 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

I've had a few unplugged weddings. They were such a breath of fresh air.

We always encourage people to, if nothing else, do the unplugged thing at the ceremony.

As to the iPad, it's ALWAYS the coordinator with the iPad. And you know how many pictures they take that I've ever seen on their social media pages? Zero. Not a one.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

amonline wrote:
My pet peeve is when they pull out the iPads... every wedding now days. We need to start posting images of seas of iPads so they get the hint. (with obligatory derogation statements, of course) lol

What makes you think they would ever look at FM? Post away if it makes you feel better. Rest assured your target audience remains blissfully unaware.

Aug 22, 2014 at 02:24 PM
BrandonRussell
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

runamuck wrote:
What makes you think they would ever look at FM? Post away if it makes you feel better. Rest assured your target audience remains blissfully unaware.

I'm assuming he meant on social media, where hopefully they are all looking.

Aug 22, 2014 at 04:17 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Zach that is a great capture. I wonder if people realize how much their actions affect others?

Aug 22, 2014 at 04:54 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

coreybell wrote:
Zach that is a great capture. I wonder if people realize how much their actions affect others?

No...they don't. It's not their fault...they just don't know. A few weddings ago I was in the middle of a first look when one of the family members ran out with their 1,000,000 megapixel Nokia cell phone camera and started shouting at the couple asking them to look his way so he could get pics. I was able to hide that that happened in the photos....but the video guy, well not so much. People are oblivious when it comes to what we do...just like I'm oblivious to what a carpenter or mechanic may do. Difference is...we only get 1 chance to capture what we're capturing.

I tell this story at every consult I do...and it's a true story:

A few years back I was shooting a wedding and I was at the back of the aisle. Every one knew the ceremony was about to end and the couple was going to be pronounced husband and wife. You could sense it in the air. Rings had been exchanged, vows had been said and the officiant just read 1st Corinthians. I was crouched down, ready to capture the kiss at the end of the ceremony. Everyone with a cell phone was ready too. Guests started to slowly lean into the aisle to capture something worthy for Facebook. That's when Great Aunt Betty, a kind, 65 year old woman who was lucky enough to score an aisle seat started to lean into the aisle. She leaned out a little too far, causing 2 legs of her Chivari chair to come off the floor. What happened next was like something out a movie. A high pitched "OOOOOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" was let out by Great Aunt Betty as the Chivari chair slipped out from under her, sending her body directly into the aisle. Betty's fall was broken by her shoulder. Of course, the ceremony was stopped and everybody ran over to make sure Betty was OK. She ended up with some sort of shoulder injury...maybe a torn rotator cuff or something. In any case, she single handedly brought the ceremony to a screeching hault and caused a solid 20 minute delay....all because she wanted an iPhone photo.

Aug 22, 2014 at 05:44 PM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

Even before digital, we asked people to not use cameras during our ceremony and specifically not to take flash pictures. They did anyways. But asking for cooperation and consideration can't hurt.

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

runamuck wrote:

Um, I meant where we post the images on blogs and Facebook. Where else would they "get the hint", as I wrote? No need for the jerky response.

Aug 25, 2014 at 01:07 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

why not just make part of the story? thats what I do, I think is better to get used to it than to be pissed at every wedding.

Aug 25, 2014 at 06:38 AM
tele_pathic
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

sgtbueno wrote:
why not just make part of the story? thats what I do, I think is better to get used to it than to be pissed at every wedding.

This, I believe. I just can't imagine what you would say that would convince people to say to themselves, "You know, that perfect stranger who just asked to put my camera and phone and camera/phone away and not use them during the entirety of the ceremony, who the hell is that guy/gal? You know, eff that guy!"

Now, the "unplugged" sign I can see as being effective, IF people read it. And that's probably giving people a lot of credit. But I like it in as much as it at the very least makes people aware of not using their devices.

Aug 25, 2014 at 01:12 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Anybody asking the brides to keep the photography to the photographers during the ceremony?

It's definitely getting out of control. The only ones worse than the pad-holes are the ones who don't turn off their orange focus assist beams...

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.