FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Moon Glow

secondclaw
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moon Glow

The full moon was rising over Atlantic, but heavy clouds blocked it. The moon glow behind these clouds was quiet interesting!

All of these taken with Sony A7R and Canon TS-E 17mm

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moon Glow

How are you liking the A7r/CanonTSE combo for dymanic range and IQ (sharpness)? I have been wanting to upgrade and have been dreaming of a D810/Zeiss combo but recently considering the AR7/Canon TS-E lenses combo. I am thinking of starting with the 24/TS-E as I like to do multi image panoramas and use a lot of filters. My biggest goal of this set up is dynamic range and image quality. I am thinking the TS-E lenses is the way to go.

Aug 21, 2014 at 04:23 PM
secondclaw
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moon Glow

It's a spectacular combo. The lens fits A7R like a glove, really nicely balanced with the adapter on. Sharpness is fantastic all the way to the corners wide open. It gets much weaker at edges of extreme shift, but I fully expect that. I use this 17mm handheld when photographing street art and murals - and focusing is a breeze. Since I acquired the lens, I have only ever taken it off A7R when I needed something other than 17mm. I have older model of TS-E 24mm, and it's just not very sharp on A7R , so I may eventually get newer model.

I even done Milky Way shots with it - its not great at f4 but usable.

Aug 21, 2014 at 05:49 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.