New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

datfish

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

Hi ,
I recently purchased a Phottix Mitros+ Flash to add to my 2 x 580 EXii's, a 430 Ex units and to combine with my Odin Trigger system. I have been using the Odins for about 9 months and have been impressed with their reliability and function when paired with the Canon Flash units. In fact very impressed given their price relative to the Canon 600 RX RT alternative !... and still am.

Initially when I included the Mitros+ into the mix , everything seemed to work very well until I started taking a little more notice. I started to find the Mitros+ light was stronger than the 580's when used with remote ttl control to set levels whilst having the flash mode set to manual via the Odin TCU. This was not an issue in itself , but the relative strength was not consistent across the power range. In Particular the 1/2 power on the Mitros+ was significantly higher than the 580 Exii , all other things constant.

Anyway to cut a long story short I also recently bought a Sekonic L-308s Flash Meter, so I decided to do a side by side test of the Mitros+ V 580EXii across a number of control/triggering scenarios across the power range as follows:-

Tests of Mitros +
a) Controlled and triggered by external Odin TCU using internal Odin RX
b) Controlled and triggered by external Odin TCU using External Odin RX
c) Controlled and triggered by Camera hotshoe and Menus
d) Controlled and triggered Manually

Results for c & d were identical

Tests of CANON 580EXII
a) Controlled and triggered by external Odin TCU using External Odin RX
b) Controlled and triggered by a Mitros+ internal Odin TX using External Odin RX
c) Controlled and triggered by Camera hotshoe and Menus
d) Controlled and triggered Manually

Again Results for c & d identical

In Summary the results show the following:

CANON FLASH
Canon Flash 580 EX iis consistently deliver results in line with expectation whereby Test results consistently show a 1 stop change in aperture (+/- 1/10th stop) for every halving/doubling of power (all other factors constant). They do this regardless of whether they are controlled or triggered by
a) EXTERNAL Odin TCU and Receiver
b) Mitros + internal Odin TX and external Odin Receiver
c) Camera Hotshoe and Menus
d) Manually

The Total Stop Range across the full power range from Full to 1/128 is between 6.9 and 7.1 stops or 7.0 Stops +/- 1/10th

MITROS + FLASH

Phottix MITROS+ Flash units consistently deliver results in line with expectation whereby Test results consistently show a 1 stop change in aperture (+/- 1/10th stop) for every halving/doubling of power (all other factors constant) ONLY when the Flash is controlled and triggered as follows:
a) Manually
b) Camera Hotshoe and Menus

The Total Stop Range across the full power range from Full to 1/128 is 6.9 stops

HOWEVER When the Phottix Mitros+ is used with either external Odin TX/RX , Internal RX/TX or a mixture of both, the results delivered are variable, non linear and inconsistent. A halving of power via the settings will produce an actual output which calls for a change in aperture between 0.6 and 1.2 stops. Additionally changing the power setting from Full to 1/2 registers a reading of only 0.2 stops .

As a consequence the Total Stop Range across the power range for these two control/trigger methods is between 5.5 stops ( external RX) and 5.8 stops (internal RX).

The ruff cut adjustment you need to make if using with ttl control and manual settings via the TX/TCU is to see setting of 1/4 power as 1/2 power in reality , a setting of 1/8 power as 1/4 power in reality etc. You would also see settings of 1/1 and 1/2 as essentially the same at full power.

This is not a "train wreck"….But its not that good either considering the Mitros is not exactly cheap.
Lets Just hope PHOTTIX CAN FIX VIA FIRMWARE and not release a Mkii. I am not sure I would “stump up” for another Mitros+ after the first experience if the Mki is not fixed!

CONCLUSIONS

THE GOOD NEWS

A) Stand alone Odin trigger system works consistently with Canon flashes
B) Mitros+ internal TX system works well with external Odin Receivers and Canon Flash Units
C) Mitros+ works consistently when controlled/triggered Manually
D) Mitros+ works consistently when controlled/triggered by camera hotshoe and menus.

THE BAD NEWS :-(
E) Mitros + internal TTL control system works inconsistently with external Odin TCU regardless of whether it is using internal or external Odin RX units.

It is becoming clear ,I think (?) , that the problem is within the internal Odin TX/RX interplay and/or the interplay between the internal RX and External TCU. That said the problem is within the Mitros+ and not the external ODIN TCU as the system works flawlessly when coupled to canon units.

What would be good is whether someone with two Mitros+ units could test using a light meter and a similar methodology to the one I used …Any takers?

Happy to send detailed results/ readings and setup to anyone interested but setup was

Flash fixed on tripod
Meter fixed on Light Stand.
Distance between Meter and Flash 3 meters.
Height of Lumisphere set at centre of flash head
Incident Metering method used with Shutter speed priority constant at 1/60 and Flash Zoom at 50mm.
Sekonic L 308-s Metering mode was Cordless flash, Incident.
Ambient Light consistent between 3.6 and 3.8 EV as measured by Sekonic.

LATE ADDITION

GO HERE TO GET A COPY OF THE RESULTS FILE http://flashhavoc.com/forum/index.php?topic=72.0

Edited on Sep 15, 2014 at 01:52 AM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2014 at 02:54 AM
MaunaKea7007
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

datfish, I came to FM tonight to post a request for real-world experience with the Mitros+ and I find this treasure just posted for me. You read my mind.

I have a kit of Odins and one StratoII.

You began your post with a "worked well" sort of report. Please tell us how you were using the unit until you noticed the non-linearity. For instance had you experienced any heat-protection slowdown of recycle after 10, 20, 30 shots? Ever try HSS? Has your flash had firmware two installed? Will you come back here to tell us what Phottix has commented about these results?

I agree that a $400 strobe should work better than your results. My einstein heads are about that much.

Thanks, again, for posting such detailed testing.

jonathan7007

Aug 20, 2014 at 04:00 AM
datfish

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

Hi MaunaKea7007 aka jonathan7007,

I am glad my post is of use!

The odins work great....full stop!

The Mitros+......well it depends......

How Did I notice the non Linearity?....Just took more notice as I am a bit of a perfectionist. I just noticed that at 1/2 power the Mitoros was stronger than the 580 but at full power it was not....and at other power settings it was stronger as well. I was using in a multi light setup but experimenting with shadow....I am a learner strobist....something just did not gel!.... I just did not get the maths and/or logic!

BTW I am not experiencing overheating issues BUT I don't shoot in a way that will push that capability.

Have I tried HSS? ... yes but only with individual light and it looks to work great BUT I have not measured the flash output relative to its setting, with a meter...yet.
That said I am not sure I can with a sekonic L 308S BUT the HSS functionality does work....the test is the output level measurement ( duration and level). To be sure, I would use manual settings for HSS as opposed to TTL control of level setting (?)
Again I am a student of this stuff but hopefully learning fast.

Firmware is the latest in both Odins and Mitros+ for Canon.

Please note my testing is NOT testing anything but pure baseline function. It is not testing function under the stress of quickfire shooting , nor extreme environments.

The non linearity , given it was one light amongst 4 , was in itself , not an issue as you could adjust by reducing power further ....but it bugged me!

I am not really worried about the absolute power, BUT am a bit anal about the Actual power output relative to the setting selected. Once that is solid ( ie true to label) and predictable and consistent ...everything else is good.

The Mitros+ as a manual flash is solid .. As a TX unit ( Flash off) working with external Odin Receivers coupled with Canon 580/430's it is s also great as the tests prove! BUT as a flash utilising its internal TX and RX bits whilst also functioning as a light ?...... something is amiss and I suspect its the TTL control "handshake".... but hey I am learning!

As For coming back with Phottixs response ...sure ....but they are currently like ostrich's with respect to their Support Ticket system.... But they are trying hard...I think.

THE ODIN TRIGGERS ARE GREAT.....jury out on the Mitros + as a substitute for the external RX or TX

See if this link works ...its the details of the results on my Google drive

https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authuser=0#folders/0B7qhsyyHfuPvOHpkaWFaQ09POVE

Edited on Aug 20, 2014 at 06:11 AM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2014 at 04:32 AM
datfish

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

BTW....spending $150 on a simple flash meter like the Sekonic 308 s sure helps if you are coming to grips with the move to "manual" flash control and the understanding of the maths associated with it.....doesn't answer all the questions ...but it helps U2!.

Aug 20, 2014 at 05:44 AM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

Thank you for the explaining your usage and goals. I agree about the utility of a dedicated flash meter. I always have had one: the reliable Minoltas back in film era (shot professionally '71-'91) and after a couple of other careers I am back shooting professionally so bought a used Sekonic 558L. For those of us that use Phottix gear it would be wonderful if a Odin transmitter module was made for that meter instead of PocketWizard (with which my meter is equipped.) I do love these Odins.

My immediate goal is flash fill on-camera at an event: always at least a little light coming from the lens axis with other sources dominating. The $400US is therefore mitigated somewhat by the cost of the TX/RX inside. But I might wait until Phottix says something about this. No weasel-words, Phottix, please!

Have you tried the Mitros+ up on camera as a TTL fill -- with other units going off triggered by that Mitros? Your results show that it will emit the wrong power on *manual* in that configuration but be consistent in that [wrong]output. As I interpret what you found.

But the alternative is committing further toward Paul Buff triggers and buying a cheaper basic flash that will have to have the Buff piece attached. I do have a set of triggers now dedicated to my Einsteins and the benefit offered by Buff here is remote change of power in a finely-divided way. I write this out even though I know it is not your intended path but as a contribution to the valuable discussion you started. The Buff world assumes no use/advantage from TTL, of course. And for me I already have a small kit of a Canon 580EX, a 550EX, and some goofy Vivitars. I keep searching for another bargain 580 or 550EX, anyway, for that kit. Certain Buff triggers can be applied to those. Maybe this is the way to go. Offers flexibility.

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM
ashton lamont
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

I have not had time to digest this yet but have you looked at the post by Mark Romine here (No 11 dated 20th Aug):

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1298662/0#lastmessage

Pete

Aug 20, 2014 at 02:27 PM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

Ashton,
Thanks for picking up the other comment, as we are splitting the discussion now.

OK, so maybe there isn't as much variation. One of us with the gear will perhaps have time to teit a MacBeth chart or similar target.

The short documentation for the Odins tripped me up for a while: it never says clearly, "When adjusting ratios your control unit must be set for TTL." I like using flashes manually and adjusting for the flow of distance changes I see happening. So I couldn't figure out why I didn't get ratio control because ratio control seemed like a *manual* setting instead. Anyway, this comment by Romine in the other thread reporting his exchanges with Phottix offers consistency with Phottix's "user interface" as connected to their engineering.

Everything flows from TTL mode.

So I hope others will tell us if the gear holds up to pro use, always triggers, and works for the event lighting or whatever else they do. Seems like a great fit if I already have an Odin/Strato set, (as I do). I want flexibility. I use Buff Einsteins also, and I see that I have to choose between adding to those triggers or conversely to the Phottix system in my overall kit.

Aug 20, 2014 at 03:53 PM
datfish

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

Just for the record the ODIN TCU WAS IN TTL MODE when the tests were done but the A group set to Manual

One flash group was being used ( A) and Group A was set to Manual mode.

When the Mitros TX was used as the controller , its own light was disabled and Group A set to manual mode.

I am not sure that Marks points are relevant here, or am I missing something?

Edited on Aug 26, 2014 at 03:40 AM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2014 at 04:56 PM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

datfish,
I didn't guess that you operated the units off TTL. I was the one doing that and Mark is telling us they require it for all inter-unit communication. Your point is that Mitros+ "software or radio conversation" is flawed and therefore it cannot do what it says it can do. I am wondering if the results (amount out of expected spec) are going to turn out to be 1. individual-unit-specific, and 2. consistent -- for any one unit

I'll re-read his input in the other thread.

Just how much Phottix is going to help us know this is a question.

Aug 20, 2014 at 06:24 PM
datfish

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

MaunaKea7007,

Thanks again.

While reading the other thread also read my reply to Marks points which were valid questions..I believe I have put any concerns as to the validity of the results and test methods to bed.
(I won't post my response here in the interests of avoiding duplication so anyone wanting to read it, take Ashtons link to the relevant forum and follow your nose)

Now to your questions :

Is it the "Radio or Software" Conversation that is flawed?....

I am neither an engineer nor of Chinese lineage ( Ha!) so I am not sure. But the perfect and consistent results from the Canon Flash controlled by the Mitros+ TX and the external TX suggest its not the internal TX. Its looking to me as an issue between the internal RX because of the results gained when using that , regardless of the TX used, are consistent and not as they should be.

So I am not sure, but.... even though the results are not perfect when using TTL control to operate the Mitros +, it does "work" as the results show ( 5.5 to 5.8 stops variation across the power range in .6 - 1.2 stop changes.
It just DOES NOT WORK AS WELL as the Odins coupled with Canon flashes ( 7.0 Stops +/- 1/10th across the range in 1 stop +/- 1/10th increments)

I conclude from that the software, Radio and hardware in the Odins is tried and true, but either the translation to the internal TX/RX has missed something OR something is interfering with it internally?

On you last point about Individual Unit problem and consistency......only time will tell BUT

My issues/ tests are consistent with some other tests being undertaken ( ongoing) by the Flash Havoc team, whom I am also in contact with. There are also issues with Nikon variants of the Mitros+ , again relating to TTL control, only worse I think.
Again the Mitros + Canon units do work but just not as good when controlled via TTL as the Canons.
They work well enough that most people probably won't pick on the 2 stop total variation loss, nor the unevenness of the increments between power settings.... I am just fussy and when I halve power on the dial I expect the required Aperture to be 1 Full Stop wider not somewhere between zero and 1.2 stops depending on what level I am reducing from....I have enough to remember without a specific Power setting<> Power output sequence!!

In reality that probably would not be that hard either because the results show that the mitros+, when controlled through TTL behaves as follows:

Full Power setting actually delivers Full Power
1/2 power setting actually delivers very nearly Full Power
1/4 power setting actually delivers very nearly 1/2 power
1/8 power setting actually delivers very nearly 1/4 power
1/16 power setting actually delivers very nearly 1/8 power
The rest are the same 1/32=1/16 etc , only the 1/2 power is radically different

Any way I digress!......NO I DONT think the problem is isolated to my copy of the Mitros+

YOUR QUESTION ABOUT "IN UNIT" CONSISTENCY is very astute and indicates you are fussy as well !!

As far as I can tell YES the results can and have been consistently replicated. As I mention in the Test file. Each test configuration was tested as follows.

* 3-4 Flash bursts were taken for each power setting
*2 cycles across the power range were undertaken. First from Full down to 1/128, then back up to full.
* so a total of 6-8 readings were taken for each power setting , all else held constant ( eg Shutter speed, distance etc)
* Ambient light was also kept at between 3.6 and 3.8 EV as measured by the Light Meter. ( Room has very good light control).

Individual readings did not vary by more than 1/10th of a stop for any particular power setting. Moreover when I got the Mitros+ results I did not at first believe them so I repeated the tests again ( ie 12-16 readings per power setting)... Same results!

SO based n the above I DO NOT THINK "IN UNIT" CONSISTENCY IS AN ISSUE.

As for Phottix coming to the party I suspect they will but not overnight. They have bigger issues with Mitros+ for Nikon and Sony at the moment. Those variants are not performing anywhere near as well as the canon type. ( see Dave Cheungs " Not So Ancient Chinese Secrets " blog)

I know Dave is in contact with Phottix, as are Flash Havoc and myself and some others. I suspect Dave and FH will have more pull than me but I have forwarded my detailed results and test methods to Phottix, DC and FH. FH have replied and are replicating the tests with meters and Photttix have acknowledged receipt of the data ......so here's HOPING THEY CAN FIX WITH FIRMWARE.

I WOULD LOVE SOMEONE TO TEST Mitros+ for Canon, using two Mitros Units and external Odins to further test the interplay of the internal TX/RX using the same methodology as I did. ( Note: Firmware suitably up to date for odins at 1.24 and 1.06 (?) for Mitros+)

Configurations needing to be tested would be

A)1 Mitros+ as TX using internal TX and the other using internal RX
B)1 Mitros+ as TX using internal TX and the other mounted on an external Odin RX (ie with all internal TX/RX/Master/slave options turned off)

They could also replicate two of the configurations I used involving an External Odin TCU as Controller with :
i. Mitros+ using its internal RX
ii. Mitros+ mounted on an external Odin Receiver.

I would be very interesting to see the results.

PS I used the following set up:

METER DETAILS & SETTINGS

Sekonic L 308-s setup for incident metering.
Shutter priority with shutter set at 1/60
Mode set to "Cordless Flash"
Meter mounted on Light stand with Lumisphere level set to centre of flash head.
Distance to Flash 3 meters for all measurements.
Flash Zoom set at 50mm for all measurements
Flash Mounted on Tripod.
Ambient Light controlled and held consistent at a level that did not interfere with flash reading ( I used 3.6 -3.8 EV)

The absolute values of the parameters is not as important as keeping them consistent throughout the tests ( eg, use a Flash zoom of 35mm or 70mm, distance of 2 meters)

. IMPORTANT make sure you use a meter that is designed to measure flash as many are not and readings are corrupted by pre flash pulses

Edited on Aug 21, 2014 at 02:40 AM · View previous versions

Aug 20, 2014 at 08:44 PM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

Fantastic. A super valuable service. Phottix owe you one as we say here in this colony.

Aug 20, 2014 at 09:00 PM
MaunaKea7007
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

By the way in my studio work in the previous incarnation of my pro career the jump of output would have been a real pain. You are right to be pushing Phottix to make this right. That was 4x5 film, tiny apertures, lit by Norman studio units, many many watt-seconds. But still we dealt with/worried over 1/4 or 1/3 stop differences.

Aug 20, 2014 at 09:04 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

This is where I was able to make some headway with support: https://www.facebook.com/PhottixUSA I couldn't get anywhere on the Phottix Support page.

Good stuff here guys even though it is Canon.

Aug 20, 2014 at 09:17 PM
datfish

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

MaunaKea7007,

Thanks Mate.........but as I said its not that the Mitros+ when controlled by TTL doesn't work..it DOES... Tick

Nor is it inconsistent...it is very CONSISTENT within each range ( ie same result every time for each given power setting , All else constant)...Tick

Its just that the power variation for 1 setting change differs across the 7 settings and the level it changes is dependent on which setting your changing from and which setting you're changing to.

This is an extract from the file containing results detail and test methods.

Remember the Distance between Flash and Meter was kept constant, as was the flash head Zoom, the shutter speed setting on the meter and the ambient light level

CONFIG 1 _ Mitros+ set in Odin RX mode , Group A, Channel 1, and controlled by a standalone Odin TCU for setting flash levels etc.

Flash mode in ETTL
Group A on TCU set to manual mode
Sekonic measuring in Full stops and 1/10ths

Setting............................Full Stop............1/10ths..................Stop Diff

Full...................................8.0.....................4..............................NA
1/2....................................8.0.....................2..............................0.2
1/4....................................5.6.....................6..............................0.6
1/8....................................4.0.....................4..............................1.2
1/16..................................2.8.....................2..............................1.2
1/32..................................2.0.....................6..............................0.6
1/64..................................1.4.....................4..............................1.2
1/128................................1.0.....................6..............................0.8

TOTAL STOP RANGE 5.8 stops in increments of .02 to 1.2

Results for Mitros mounted on External RX unit almost identical to above in terms of "shape" but Total STOP Range was 5.5 stops in increments of .02 - 1.3

CONFIG 2 _ Mitros+ set and triggered by hotshoe and controlled by camera menus of 5D Mkiii ( ie No Odins and no TTL control)

Flash mode in Manual

Setting............................Full Stop............1/10ths..................Stop Diff

Full...................................8.0.....................5..............................NA
1/2....................................5.6.....................6..............................0.9
1/4....................................4.0.....................5..............................1.1
1/8....................................2.8.....................5..............................1.0
1/16..................................2.0.....................6..............................0.9
1/32..................................1.4.....................5..............................1.1
1/64..................................1.0.....................6..............................0.9
1/128................................0.7.....................6..............................1.0

TOTAL STOP RANGE 6.9..............................NEAR PERFECT at increments of 1.0 stop +/- 1/10th .

Results from a simple manual trigger via the test button were identical to the above

And just for the sake of comparison

CONFIG 3 _ CANON 580EX ii mounted on an Odin RX , Group A, Channel 1, and controlled by a standalone Odin TCU for setting flash levels etc.

Flash mode in ETTL
Group A on TCU set to manual mode

Full...................................8.0.....................9..............................NA
1/2....................................4.0.....................9..............................1.0
1/4....................................4.0.....................0..............................0.9
1/8....................................2.8.....................1..............................0.9
1/16..................................1.4.....................9..............................1.2
1/32..................................1.0.....................9..............................1.0
1/64..................................0.7.....................8..............................1.1
1/128................................0.5.....................8..............................1.0

TOTAL STOP RANGE 7.1..............................NEAR PERFECT at increments of 1.0 stop +/- 1/10th .

Results for Canon on Odin RX and controlled by Mitros + in TX mode were almost identical EXCEPT for a couple of 1/10th differences and an overall Total Stop Range of 6.9 Stops.

Interesting also was the manually triggered/ hotshoe triggered tests ogf the 580 Ex ii. Again identical to the results tabled above, with a couple of levels differing by +/-1/10th but still delivering 7.1 Total stops in 1.0 Stop increments +/- 1/10th of a stop

So like I have been saying IT IS NOT A TRAIN WRECK.....but it should be better given the cost of the Mitros+.

The Canon Flash Units are very consistent regardless of the triggering method, and the stand alone Odins are very solid as well!!
So it has to be either the internal RX/TX modules themselves, their firmware and radio "stuff", and/or something interfering with them ( like Magnetic/electrical fields) inside the Mitros+.
The fact that the internal MITROS+TX "plays" well with the Canon would seem to narrow the hypothesis down even further to the internal RX ,or the communications with it, being the problem .

Hopefully Mark will be able to isolate the Mitros+ (Nikon) issue in the same way and that might offer some additional insights.

Also if someone is able to replicate my tests using two Mitros+ units (ie.1 as TX and the other as RX) that may also provide some clues.

I just hope its firmware....because that can be updated.
Not so easy if it turns out to be a 'Hardware" issue like interference/insulation or a PCB needs swapping out!

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:58 PM
datfish

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

MRomine wrote:
This is where I was able to make some headway with support: https://www.facebook.com/PhottixUSA I couldn't get anywhere on the Phottix Support page.

Good stuff here guys even though it is Canon.

Thanks Mark....

Ya' know what .... I don't care what everyone is saying ......you're actually "not a bad bloke", as we say in Australia.............even if you do shoot Nikon

SERIOUSLY though............... thanks for that.

I have fired them an FB message with a .pdf and .xlsx file version of the test results attached . Will let you know if I get a response.

BTW I found your "head" on FB so just sent you a copy of the test result details via FB. It said "Your message will go to Mark's Other folder because you aren't connected to him on Facebook."

Let me know if you can't find it.... I don't use FB much so I might have screwed up!

Aug 21, 2014 at 01:24 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

datfish wrote:
Ya' know what .... I don't care what everyone is saying ......you're actually "not a bad bloke", as we say in Australia.............even if you do shoot Nikon

Yeah, you can't believe what everyone is saying, the public generally has a distorted view.

datfish wrote:
BTW I found your "head" on FB so just sent you a copy of the test result details via FB. It said "Your message will go to Mark's Other folder because you aren't connected to him on Facebook."

Let me know if you can't find it.... I don't use FB much so I might have screwed up!

Not sure where that went, I can't find it on this end.

Aug 21, 2014 at 03:15 PM
datfish

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

MRomine wrote:
Not sure where that went, I can't find it on this end.

Sent to your "Mark Romine" FB account not the "Romine Wedding Photography" version.

Have a poke around and see if you can find the files attached to the message otherwise let me know .

BTW I think we use the same hairstylist!

Aug 21, 2014 at 06:18 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

datfish wrote:
BTW I think we use the same hairstylist!

Yeah, that stylist is a real bloke!

Just found those files, thanks!

Aug 21, 2014 at 06:24 PM
datfish

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

ashton lamont wrote:
I have not had time to digest this yet but have you looked at the post by Mark Romine here (No 11 dated 20th Aug):

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1298662/0#lastmessage

Pete

I failed to Thank you Ashton....or is that Pete....

who cares.... Thanks!

Your referral has started a "skunkworks" to find the answer/s!

Aug 22, 2014 at 01:29 AM
datfish

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · PHOTTIX MITROS TEST RESULTS

Here is another link to the detail test results which have been listed on Flash Havocs new Forum setup as well.

http://flashhavoc.com/forum/index.php?topic=72.0

The file is attached to the post and can be found on the bottom as an attachment.

The post is essentially the same as my original here, as I am very keen to get someone else to test some other configurations that I can't.
Those Tests might help to solve the problem.

AND I am very keen to "assist" Phottix in fixing the issues being identified, because the Phottix kit is putting some well needed "heat" into the "Flash Gun and Trigger" landscape !

AS I have said the Odin Trigger System is Rock Solid ... and the Mitros "gun" appears the same ..... but the combination of both in the Mitros+ just needs a bit more finesse in its TTL control....or something?

Aug 23, 2014 at 03:27 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.