Upload & Sell: On
- be cautiously sceptical;
- if there is not sufficient information (text and image), then ask for more information;
- assume nothing, if the description doesn't say an accessory is included, then it's probably not, if you want it, ask if it's included; and,
- use PayPal "for an item" to pay for it
Here's what I said in the Lens$db docs,
"For what itís worth, here are a few comments on buying from eBay: you should exercise intelligent caution, if it looks too good to be true then itís probably a scam; you should do enough research to know what you want and how much it is worth; do not make assumptions, always ask questions to get the information you need to make good decisions; and finally, set your budget and stick to it, so you donít get caught up in a bidding frenzy - itís your money, spend it wisely."
- provide concise and detailed descriptions, with high quality images;
- have a 'returns' policy that is described in the text;
- accept only PayPal "for an item"; and,
- for anything over about $100, only ship with tracking and insurance, IMO this should be paid by the buyer, and so the cost will depend on the shipper and the destination (don't arbitrarily eliminate international customers, just make sure they pay for insured shipping, with tracking).
P.S. if you "know" the buyer or seller, then you can do whatever feels right.
Edited on Aug 20, 2014 at 12:06 AM · View previous versions