Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

abberstoc experience

santila

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · abberstoc experience

Anyone purchased anything from this vendor? They sold quite many highend Canon items on E-bay but are they trustworthy?

Aug 19, 2014 at 06:23 PM
herion
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · abberstoc experience

Have you looked at resellerratings.com??

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · abberstoc experience

Entered "abberstoc" at ebay and it keeps getting changed to alberston. Apparently ebay wants no part of it? FWIW, try B&H, Adorama are Cameta. ANY price below these is suspect. I realize saving money is important, but when you see really low prices, batteries, straps and even chargers become extra cost items. Usually really hight extra costs.

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:58 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · abberstoc experience

I just tried "abberstoc" in the eBay "advanced search" for "Find a member", and it says, "The user ID or email address was not found. Please try again."

I just tried it again (just in case) - same result.

IOW, regardless of trustworthy, they're gone.

Aug 20, 2014 at 01:05 AM
santila

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · abberstoc experience

You are all wrong. First, the name is ABBERSTOCK and they are registered with E-bay since 2008 with excellent rating. Second I did not said that I will buy from them but interested about a first hand experience from those whom bought any photo equipments from this vendor and was delivered as described in a timely manner. However I am interested in one item they have and I would buy the item flying down to Torrance, CA to pickup but according to their add can not be done (flag!). Yes, I am well supported in the past the "big ones" mentioned above but time-to-time need to buy somewhere else. Since I am a member of FM, I turned for investegation to forum memmbers and thank you for your replies.

Aug 20, 2014 at 04:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

santila

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · abberstoc experience

Sorry, I just seen that one letter was missing, it should been ABBERSTOCK.

Aug 20, 2014 at 04:45 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · abberstoc experience

Looks legit to me, but I would still be nervous about paying $10,500 for an 800mm lens that can't be picked up in person.

Aug 20, 2014 at 05:06 PM
santila

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · abberstoc experience

Right on, Tony. Thanks.

Aug 20, 2014 at 05:33 PM
santila

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · abberstoc experience

Today I done some extensive research on this company. They happen to be located in Torrance, CA on one add, then the other time in Gardena, CA. Their name isn't consistent since call themselves ABBERstock with two BB, other time with one B. Wrote a note to them on E-Bay, received no reply. Their latest address is in Gardena, Ca. Draw your own conclusion and good luck. The link shows the location:
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1844+W+149TH+ST,+GARDENA,+CA,+902493835+US+&z=14&iwloc=addr

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:38 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password