New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Control mt-24ex flash output in manual mode

keegan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Control mt-24ex flash output in manual mode

I've been using my mt-24ex with my 5dii for years, and I've not be able to figure this out. I have a lot of diffusers on my lights, and the ettl setting almost always over exposes, so I use manual, and usually stick with 1/4 power.

Is there a way to adjust the output with my camera? Changing it on the mt-24ex is insanely annoying, you have to hold the select button, then click the up or down buttons, then save it. If I'm inches away from a spider I need to do that quickly.

Aug 19, 2014 at 09:01 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Control mt-24ex flash output in manual mode

No, not if it's the 5DII in your profile. More modern cameras like the 6D have an "External Speedlite control" menu option that will do what you're describing. Of course, the flash has to be compatible with this external control, and I'm not sure about the MT-24EX.

The 5DII does have a FEC (flash exposure compensation) button, but I don;t think this will affect the MT-24EX when it's in Manual mode. Maybe you could dial in enough FEC to work in ETTL mode.

Aug 19, 2014 at 09:33 AM
tshore
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Control mt-24ex flash output in manual mode

You might try posting this question on the Macro forum. A number of folks there use the MT24 and may be able to help.

Aug 19, 2014 at 09:53 AM
tshore
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Control mt-24ex flash output in manual mode

You might try posting this question on the Macro forum. A number of folks there use the MT24 and may be able to help.

tshore
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Control mt-24ex flash output in manual mode

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.