Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

"Vote as featured thread" vs. "Like" ...

Nancy Asquith
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Vote as featured thread" vs. "Like" button -- why not both?

Does anyone else miss the ability to "like" an original post on this forum? Having featured threads is great, but what do you do if you really like more than one posting a week? Yes, of course we can comment on posted work, but a "Like" button remains just as worthwhile for Nature, Landscape, and People as before we had featured threads.

Nancy

PS: I tried to contact the site's webmaster to ask whether having both would be too complicated or whether this was an oversight, but my email to "webmaster@fredmiranda.com" was undeliverable.

Aug 17, 2014 at 04:19 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Vote as featured thread" vs. "Like" button -- why not both?

I would like this but i can't
I also miss the ability to like the OP
At one point both like and vote as featured thread both were available

Aug 17, 2014 at 04:54 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "Vote as featured thread" vs. "Like" button -- why not both?

We welcome comments for threads on the presentation boards instead of just pressing a like button. That is the reason the 'like' option not offered for the original posts with images.
If you like an image, please vote it as feature thread. You can vote for as many threads as you would like.
All the best,
Fred

Aug 17, 2014 at 03:35 PM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "Vote as featured thread" vs. "Like" button -- why not both?

I don't like to 'like' period and would like to see all the like buttons abolished. First of all, it's too cutesy. Secondly, if I post in an ongoing discussion, I feel an obligation that becomes a drag to punch a bunch of like buttons so as not to feel like a meanie and a bad citizen. The post itself should express one's appreciation for others' contributions.

Sep 08, 2014 at 12:34 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password