New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Exposure Simulation with ND filter

hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Exposure Simulation with ND filter

I have the Exposure Simulation enabled on my 6D, however, in LV when I use a variable ND filter the exposure I see on the LV screen doesn't match the one I get in the shot. I get accurate exposure according the exposure meter but that doesn't match the LV simulation. The LV simulation works fine without the ND filter.

Any ideas? Something I am doing wrong?

Aug 16, 2014 at 03:53 PM
kevindar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Exposure Simulation with ND filter

check and see where you metering box is located. on the dark or light side. what is happening are they under or over exposed?

Aug 16, 2014 at 04:06 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Exposure Simulation with ND filter

kevindar wrote:
check and see where you metering box is located. on the dark or light side. what is happening are they under or over exposed?

The final image mimics the exp. comp meter and the image is perfectly exposed when the slider is at "0" so there's no problem with metering but the LV simulation is off. Is the "metering box" the same as the exposure comp. one?

Aug 16, 2014 at 04:12 PM
Lauchlan Toal
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Exposure Simulation with ND filter

It's possible that with the nd you're maxing out the liveview. It's stuck at 1/30s or faster to refresh smoothly, so your maximum brightness is the max ISO, widest aperture, and 1/30s. At least I think that's how it works... If so, the lv can't get any brighter, so the image darkens as you make the nd filter darker.

Aug 16, 2014 at 04:42 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Exposure Simulation with ND filter

sorry for the 4 day delay response
In live view it usually meters off of your focus box. so that big rectangle that does the contrast detect af. your exposure simulation will change based on where that focus box is located.

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.