Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

bollocks2012

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

Has anybody replaced the standard LiFe battery on the Profoto AcuteB2 600 with aftermarket batteries, can it be done?. Here in Australia they charge $600+ for a replacement. I am use to Profoto excessive prices but this is crazy. If not any experience with the Lead Acid battery which is a lot cheaper. Thanks in advance.

Aug 16, 2014 at 02:22 AM
billydoo73
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

Anyone?

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

I'd love to know if there is one. The cost is so high I often spend £10 renting one when I need it!

Jul 28, 2015 at 01:31 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

Word on the street is the Tenergy drop-in LiFe battery is now unavailable. The 12 volt sealed lead-acid equivalent is readily available: I use the PowerSonic brand PSH-1255FR where "H" signifies the high-current version (needed for AcuteB operation). I picked one off Amazon for $22. Note that the Profoto battery bracket must be transferred, so have an Allen hex wrench nearby.

Jul 29, 2015 at 03:39 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

Given how much the LiFe batteries cost for the B600, we recently replaced our dying lead acid battery with another lead-acid battery. $55 versus $600... easy decision.

Aug 04, 2015 at 02:00 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

Arka wrote:
Given how much the LiFe batteries cost for the B600, we recently replaced our dying lead acid battery with another lead-acid battery. $55 versus $600... easy decision.

I could live with the capacity but a shame the recycle time is also longer.

Aug 05, 2015 at 01:39 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

2.0 versus 2.6 seconds seems survivable. I crave the weight reduction, however.

Aug 05, 2015 at 10:15 PM
chaddoyon
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

I've messaged Tenergy about the AcuteB LifePo cell model. They say that there isn't enough demand for that particular battery to be produced. They then asked how many I was in need of. My reply was how many would I need to order for them to want to deliver (thinking maybe we could do a group buy of sorts)? Their reply was minimum order in the hundreds. Exactly what that number is, I'm not sure but I really don't see us pulling together to make an order in the area of triple digits...which sucks.

So, while it's not impossible for that product to come back, it's highly unlikely.

-Chad

Aug 10, 2015 at 02:35 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Aftermarket battery for Profoto AcuteB2 600?

chaddoyon wrote:
I've messaged Tenergy about the AcuteB LifePo cell model. They say that there isn't enough demand for that particular battery to be produced. They then asked how many I was in need of. My reply was how many would I need to order for them to want to deliver (thinking maybe we could do a group buy of sorts)? Their reply was minimum order in the hundreds. Exactly what that number is, I'm not sure but I really don't see us pulling together to make an order in the area of triple digits...which sucks.

So, while it's not impossible for that
...Show more

Ugh, shame. Thanks for asking them.

Aug 10, 2015 at 04:40 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.