Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · suggestions - small second carry on bag for 15" MBP and camera with...

chitro

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · suggestions - small second carry on bag for 15" MBP and camera with few lenses ??

I am looking for something inconspicuous to carry 15" rMBP, ff body with 24-70/2.8, 70-200/2.8, 35/1.4, a flash, cords, etc. I like crumple bags and the old style Karachi outpost medium (whickey and cox maybe) seems to fit the bill. But not sure if I can make it through airports as a second carry on bag. There are so many options out there - it's head jamming.

What do you use as your small second carry on bag for laptop and camera at airports?

Aug 15, 2014 at 01:05 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · suggestions - small second carry on bag for 15" MBP and camera with few lenses ??

Here's a recent thread,

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1309544

On page two of the thread, rkg notes that a new, smaller size (17 x 10 x 9) has been anounced for the "personal item" bag , and I go shopping for a new Personal item bag. I ordered a Timbuk2 Informant Camera Sling (M), on 10 Aug.

Aug 15, 2014 at 02:12 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · suggestions - small second carry on bag for 15" MBP and camera with few lenses ??

I use a Think Tank Urban Disguise 50, which just looks like a regular computer bag so never really attracts attention (another option for a different configuration is the UD35). I generally carry a laptop plus one body and 2-3 zooms (including 70-200). I used to use a Crumpler (New Delhi) but the problem with Crumplers is that they're heavily padded so tend to be large and bulky for the amount of space they provide.

If you have money to burn, the Ona 'Union Street' looks awesome and definitely low-key. I know a few people who use the Gura Gear Chobe, which costs the same (ie. a lot) and I briefly considered one before coming to my financial senses. At the cheaper end of the scale is the LowePro Urban Reporter series, which I also looked at.

Edited on Aug 17, 2014 at 03:26 PM · View previous versions

Aug 15, 2014 at 09:34 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · suggestions - small second carry on bag for 15" MBP and camera with few lenses ??

lowepro sling bag

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:45 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.