New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · M42 to Fuji adapters

FarmerJohn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · M42 to Fuji adapters

Did a search but didn't find anything.
Looking for an adapter for M42 to Fuji X (X-E1 on the way )

I have a Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 and Super Takumar 105mm 2.8. Both have the Auto/Manual switch on the lens body.

Anyone have experience with Fotasy, Fotodiox, or Kipon adapters? Kipon looks rather pricey...

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · M42 to Fuji adapters

I just did a search on eBay for "m42 fuji x adapter" in Cameras & Photo, and I got 99 hits. Some of them even offer tilt.

Based on my experience with adapters for other mount combinations, I'd get either (i) the Kipon or (ii) the Kiwi. I have a Kipon EOS to X adapter that works very well.

Fotodiox also has some,

'normal', http://www.fotodioxpro.com/fotodiox-lens-mount-adapter-m42-42mm-x1-zeiss-thread-mount-lens-to-fujifilm-x-mount-camera-adapter-fits-fuji-x-pro1-mirrorless-cameras.html

'with focus helix', http://www.fotodioxpro.com/fotodiox-pro-lens-mount-adapter-m42-screw-mount-lens-to-fujifilm-x-fx-mount-camera-body-with-macro-focusing-helicoid-for-fuijifilm-x-pro1-x-e1-w-macro-focusing-ability.html

For starters, I'd get the Kipon.

Aug 13, 2014 at 01:41 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · M42 to Fuji adapters

Thanks jcolwell. I might check out the EOS to X adapter as well.
I did a search for adapters. I just didn't find much in the way of reviews, which is what I was wondering about

Aug 13, 2014 at 02:20 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · M42 to Fuji adapters

Buy 'n try.

Aug 13, 2014 at 04:46 PM
Summit_PG

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · M42 to Fuji adapters

I was in the same situation when I got my X-T1. I got the Fotodiox adapter and it worked beautifully. Here is a post I made about it. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3651916

Aug 13, 2014 at 07:57 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · M42 to Fuji adapters

Thanks Summit. Glad it worked for you. I've had good experience with the Fotodiox M42 to EOS adapter as well.

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · M42 to Fuji adapters

I got an EOS lens to m4/3 adapter, since I already had adapters for OM, Nikon, etc to eos. Might get aN EOS to Fuji adapter.

Mostly where I'd worry about adapter thickness is on an uwa on ff. Might could use a cheapie with a 50 and 105mm on aps. My OM to EOS photodiox cheapie is close to the right thickness anyway

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Scott Grant
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · M42 to Fuji adapters

FarmerJohn wrote:
Did a search but didn't find anything.
Looking for an adapter for M42 to Fuji X (X-E1 on the way )

I have a Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 and Super Takumar 105mm 2.8. Both have the Auto/Manual switch on the lens body.

Anyone have experience with Fotasy, Fotodiox, or Kipon adapters? Kipon looks rather pricey...

For $15 each i'm very pleased with the Fotasy adaptors i've purchased! No issues.

Aug 16, 2014 at 08:15 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.