FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Posting strategy to maximize impact

NYstyles
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Posting strategy to maximize impact

MRomine wrote:
How do you know, do they actually tell you, do you inquire?

They message me through facebook or hit my contact form, I saw your photos of so and so on facebook.. friend says Im sending so and so your info they are looking for a photographer. Or someone posts in their feed I need senior portraits and three people chime in about me in the comments.

Aug 14, 2014 at 08:31 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Posting strategy to maximize impact

NYstyles wrote:
They message me through facebook or hit my contact form, I saw your photos of so and so on facebook.. friend says Im sending so and so your info they are looking for a photographer. Or someone posts in their feed I need senior portraits and three people chime in about me in the comments.

I don't doubt you at all. I've never had it work that way and I set up my account back in 2008 and then in early 2009 I got serious about, posting very engagement session, every wedding, tagging everyone that I could, basically trying everything that has been mentioned above and I have never ever had anyone tell me that they found me through FB. I get an enormous amount of traffic (for me anyway) from FB but I have never been able to point to FB as being the actual reason for booking someone.

Aug 14, 2014 at 08:36 AM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Posting strategy to maximize impact

Facebook is really just a nice place to stay current and valid. I don't directly book off of there either, and yet I feel compelled to give it attention. I book off of wedding wire and pinterest, and give little to no attention to them, go figure.

Aug 14, 2014 at 09:05 AM
NYstyles
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Posting strategy to maximize impact

MRomine wrote:
I don't doubt you at all. I've never had it work that way and I set up my account back in 2008 and then in early 2009 I got serious about, posting very engagement session, every wedding, tagging everyone that I could, basically trying everything that has been mentioned above and I have never ever had anyone tell me that they found me through FB. I get an enormous amount of traffic (for me anyway) from FB but I have never been able to point to FB as being the actual reason for booking someone.

I receive more directs through the personal page I can track. When I had my business page(dumped it about 4 years ago) I didnt know how many came from there like Ive been able to track through my personal. I dont accept clients on my personal page, I just share with friends and I spread around. I dont accept industry people either. With how open fb is now, I can see the activity more through friend sharing, its not like that with the business pages.

I do find one image gets more reach even on my personal page over a batch upload.

To add, I also think some tell me because they message me on the personal page so Im sure they feel the need to say, I saw you on Kims fb page and we are looking for a photographer. You know what I mean?

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:45 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.