FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Usage without permission - HELP

Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Usage without permission - HELP

glort wrote:
Have you had occasion where they wouldn't pay and you had to persue legal action?

If so could you outline the steps and costs involved in that?

I've had literally dozens (if not hundreds) of them that I haven't pursued, but the example above is the first that I pursued. Most of them that I've found online are things like YouTube music videos made in a foreign country, making it virtually impossible. I did once have a FB page with 20million fans share my image. They had hundreds of thousands of likes, but had removed my watermark and didn't credit me. That sucked, but at the time I didn't do anything...

Aug 13, 2014 at 08:01 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Usage without permission - HELP

glort wrote:
While small images can and are sometimes used, most of the time you find a pattern with these illegal use storys.
Hi res, no watermark and not copyrighted.

While none or all of them make image theft impossible, you don't want to hand it to people oin a silver platter either.

I still don't get why some people seem to have a compulsion to plaster their images, especialy in hi res versions, all over the net. Surely by now there are enough thousands of these used without permission storys for people to wake up and realise they have to do
...Show more

FWIW all of my images have been low res and watermarked. Hasn't mattered.

Aug 13, 2014 at 08:02 AM
fijiman2
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Usage without permission - HELP

Tony Hoffer wrote:
2. I worked up a quote based for the use. The easiest (and free-est) way to find this is to go on Getty Images, search for rights managed images and look up the license cost for what they published. You can also add your own fee to that for the theft if you want.

I didn't know Getty Images can give you an estimate. It is a very neat tool!

Aug 15, 2014 at 03:04 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.