Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

R.I.P Robin Williams

Jason_Brook
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · R.I.P Robin Williams

BenV wrote:
Still seems unreal, doesn't it?
Ms.Doubtfire has become a bit of a classic in my family. The memories my family shares together, is in part thanks to Robin.

Same boat here....

I remember we got Mrs. Doubtfire on video in '94 to watch on my birthday for the first time. I had also just gotten my own mini lazy-boy recliner as a gift. 7 year old me, kicked back in my recliner, on my birthday, with my parents, watching Robin Williams. It was a very fond memory even before Robin passed.

Jack is also another childhood favorite.

He spanned generations. The older folks started with Mork & Mindy, where as my generation had Mrs. Doubtfire, Jack, Aladdin, Jumanji, etc. During that same period the older Mork & Mindy generation had Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, and Patch Adams. My generation would take another 10 years to appreciate those movies.

Yes, I realize I made a lot of you feel old, real old

Aug 14, 2014 at 01:08 PM
aspirebooth
• •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · R.I.P Robin Williams

The only movie he really annoyed me in was Hook. Juts drove me absolutely nutty as my parents would play this movie while working as a day home.

The guy had an insanely rare ability to play a comedian when needed and then reverse that role for a super serious drama. You just don't find that anymore.

He was a versatile artist and it shows that no matter who we are nor what we do can effect our mental health or physical health for that matter. Some people believe being famous and having money will make you happy. At the end of the day we all hope to die surrounded by those who loves us. We are all effected in the same way by issues like this. Whether it be mental health, cancer or simply old age.

One thing people need to realize if they don't already. Death is not the end. It's a new beginning. I feel sorry for his family and friends for their loss. At the same point I can hopefully say Robin is in a better place now and no longer feeling the pain that's been haunting him for years.

Having went through a near death experience myself I can tell everyone first hand whatever it is we humans are or whatever it is that makes us who we are doesn't just simply disappear when we die. Oddly enough I am not a religious person by any means but when you have certain life experiences it really makes you think a little deeper about to the meaning of everything.

Aug 14, 2014 at 05:25 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · R.I.P Robin Williams

As tragic as it is, hopefully Williams' death would bring more attention and awareness to the reality of depression and people would start to appreciate how serious and real depression is. I've already noticed such change among people who started learning and reading more about depression because they couldn't believe that some as joyful, successful and full of life as Williams can go through all of that because of depression.

This doesn't only apply to Americans but from what I've seen it's universal and it just shows how a huge influence Williams was. Unfortunately, people where I come from (Jordan) do not view depression as a clinical & chemical disorder, to them it's something people avoid talking about, let alone treat. A depressed person in that sense is a failure, shameful and lacks self esteem.

I like Dr. Maguire's version better "No. Listen to me son. It's not your fault"

Aug 14, 2014 at 05:51 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password