Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Clik Elite Small Chest pack: Anyone use with Sony Nex? Good for backpack...

nufo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Clik Elite Small Chest pack: Anyone use with Sony Nex? Good for backpacking?

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for the most comfortable way to carry my Sony Nex-6 + lens (probably just the 16-50) + extra battery during long hiking/backpacking excursions. I've searched and have seen some smart, waterproof do-it-yourself cases but I'm looking for something off the shelf. This Clik case can be worn across the chest so it seems like it should be decently comfortable. Ideally I would like a case that allows quick, easy access to the camera but also keeps it protected and close to my body. If you have any experience with this case or any others that you think would suit me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Clik-Elite-CE300GR-Small-Chest/dp/B0026ZPX9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407803628&sr=8-1&keywords=clik+small+chest

Aug 11, 2014 at 07:40 PM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Clik Elite Small Chest pack: Anyone use with Sony Nex? Good for backpacking?

That looks like it'd be really uncomfortable or awkward to wear along with a backpack. Straps under or over other straps...

Why not just a pouch that hangs off whatever your hiking pack of choice is?

I always hike with a comfortable camera strap over my shoulder, myself. If it rains hard, the camera goes into the pack since I'm unlikely to be taking pictures in the rain anyway.

Aug 11, 2014 at 08:27 PM
nufo

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Clik Elite Small Chest pack: Anyone use with Sony Nex? Good for backpacking?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I was worried about that strap under other straps. I need the camera very fitted and close to my body since some of the backpacking is over boulders and such.

Aug 11, 2014 at 08:38 PM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Clik Elite Small Chest pack: Anyone use with Sony Nex? Good for backpacking?

I find I can tighten up my Cinch 2 to provide close fitment when I'm scrambling. It still may not be what you're looking for, though, if you really need a place to stash the camera away.

At one point I had looked at these, with a plan to attach them to my hiking pack, maybe they'll help you:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HEVEZO/ref=twister_B00714DHM
http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/products/dakota/pouches/harney-pouch.html#.U-n6QfldVCk

I ended up bagging (no pun intended) the idea. I keep my camera on the strap and a spare lens in one of my water pouches (I've switched mostly to using a bladder for water). Most cases where I don't want the camera on a strap - serious scrambling, rain, etc. - are also cases where I won't be taking pictures so I just put it in my pack.

Aug 12, 2014 at 06:31 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.