Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Chuck Eklund
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Beautiful set of images. I like 1 and 3 best. Very nice.

Chuck

Aug 15, 2014 at 05:30 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Terrific series Scott. #3 is my favorite but others are closed behind.
Harsha

Aug 15, 2014 at 07:04 PM
Schlotkins
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Amazing pictures - #2 is my favorite!
Chris

Aug 15, 2014 at 07:46 PM
vigna
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Fantastic landscape pictures, No 3 the best one. Little bit of extra contrast on the foreground and some cropping will further elevate the composition

Aug 15, 2014 at 08:50 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Sneakyracer: Glad you like number 1. The fireweed is in fine form at this time of the year. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

dwa652: Glad you like 3,2,1. It is a beautiful lake. You should come back for a visit. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

bktools: Glad you like the landscapes. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Nigel Turner: Yes I did not notice the contrails until I posted. I am debating removing them in photoshop. Thanks for the observations. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 16, 2014 at 01:03 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

JimKied: Glad you like the contrails. You should come visit. Its easy to get to Calgary and then to Banff even just for a long weekend. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

kylebarendrick: Glad you like 1,4. Thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 16, 2014 at 01:07 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Chuck Eklund: Glad you like 1,3. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

harshaj1: Glad you like 3. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Schlotkins: Glad you like 2. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

vigna: I will take a look at your suggestions. Thank you for the detailed suggestions. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 16, 2014 at 01:11 AM
jeetsukumaran
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

The crispy structural detail on the mountain in the background is exquisite, and this really makes one want to keep looking at this image. Nice!

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Hi Scott,

For the first, the flowers on the right distract me, they might work better under the mountain. For the second you could crop out some of the sky. The third is a beauty and the flowers do work below the mountain. The sky is very pretty in the last and adds to the image.

Morris

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:55 PM
pike40
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Scott Stoness wrote:
On Saturday I went to Bow Lake for sunrise.

Here are the best of the early morning.

Comments and feedback are appreciated. Scott

1-4 of 4

#1 for me Scott. Wonderful images.

Mike

Aug 17, 2014 at 09:50 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

jeetsukumaran: Glad you like the detail. Bow Lake is a great place. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

morris: thanks for the detailed suggestions by photo. I shall examine them with my photoshop pen this evening. Much appreciated. Scott

pike40: Glad you like 1. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 18, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Nigel Turner
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

JimKied wrote:
I like them contrails and all, Scott. Reinforces my desire to get up to Canada someday. I had an opportunity to go to Banff, but it fell through. Appreciate all the info that you provided. I definitely plan to put it to use some time soon.

Just wondering why you like the contrails? What do they add to the image in your opinion? I look at these images and see pristine, almost wilderness conditions that Scott has done a great job capturing, but see them ruined by the hand of man.

Aug 18, 2014 at 02:29 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Great shots: so any variations of the same subject. #3 for me. Good to see your posts gain.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:48 AM
dave.b.smith

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Nice set of images, but I have to agree with the comments about the contrails. One of my pet hates.

Aug 21, 2014 at 08:30 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Excellent images Scott, as usual. Views of a place most of us will never see.

Nigel Turner wrote ... I look at these images and see pristine, almost wilderness conditions that Scott has done a great job capturing, but see them ruined by the hand of man.

Since the topic came up,
I have to agree with Nigel. Unlike some, he is a truth teller, based on his experience. Everyone's threshold is different, but my idea of a landscape photograph, in general, is no hand of man. That's the part that takes skill, patience, and a critical eye. Especially because it gets harder every year. Not that Scott isn't a fine photographer, he proves his skills all the time. I just see either an oversight, or a decision where the beauty of the land trumps the contrails for his presentation.

Overall, still fine images!

Aug 21, 2014 at 08:51 AM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Beautiful set Scott. I can smell the fresh air!!!

i'll have to agree about the contrails, I don't care for them but I guess if you don't get another chance at sunrise you get what you can get. There's always next round :P

Jason

Aug 21, 2014 at 09:34 AM
rbn920
• •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

2 and 4 for me. Looks like you managed to get at least one everyone likes!

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Bow Lake - Sunrise

Nigel Turner: I don't think anyone likes contrails but they are hard to avoid and photoshop out. Usually june is best and September is worst because June 5am before the flights start and September is the middle of sunrise. I was not paying attention her and should either have photshopped them out or not bother to post. I was North of 60degrees several weeks ago waiting for sunrise expecting peace and then suddenly found out I was on the flight path to Anchorage. There is no solution except photoshop and no spot is immune. You now have to take into account the jet schedule. Its hard enough to find perfect light and throw in a jet crossing.

dalite: Glady you like 3. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

dave.b.smith: Glad you like the set. I will look to photoshop. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

ckcarr: Glad you like the images. Normally I don't bother when I see contrails but I did not notice to late when they were dispersed. I have not had time to see if they can be removed and whether it is whorthwhile. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

roguecoolman: Glad you like the views. I will go back soon to avoid the jets Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

rbn920: Glad you like 2,4, its nice when noone can agree. It either says they are all great or none of them are great Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 21, 2014 at 01:56 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.