Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2014 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

grahamb3
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

bwana999 wrote:
I get 2+ hours of on time out of a battery; not great but adequate.

If your camera is not being used, then you have a problem. If, during the 2 hours, you're using the camera, taking shots, chimping, etc., than your battery depletion rate should be expressed in shots taken rather than time used.

I left my a7r turned on and on my desktop. Initially, the battery was at 80%. After 24 hours, the battery was 78%. I checked the EVF several times during the 24 hour period, but nothing else.

The a7 battery will suffer little to no discharge from being left on over the course of a shoot. Obviously, battery depletion will occur if one uses the camera. My experience has shown a greater depletion if one turns the camera off between shots, than leaving the camera on, allowing the camera to sleep. The camera should be in "airplane mode", and "remote control" should be turned off.

Aug 17, 2014 at 06:07 AM
grahamb3
• •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

Bubble wrote:
This is typical with internet forum. In this case, the OP just complained and not even try suggestion solution and just gone from this thread himself. Then you will see a bunch of other members jump in bashing Sony while they don't even own the camera themselves. What so hard to understand? if your camera has issue, why don't you send it in to Sony to check out?

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Louis C.K.
has an amusing bit about the underappreciation of technology.

Aug 17, 2014 at 06:17 AM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

grahamb3 wrote:

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Louis C.K.
has an amusing bit about the underappreciation of technology.

so true at 1:41

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM
DenisB

p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

Sorry for you folk I don't spend all my week-end on internet forum ;-)

Anyways,. Like I said, I use Sony Battery in Sony Grip on Sony A7r and it's take arround 30 seconds to load before then first shoot, but, if I have the misfortune to pres the shutter button before it's finish to load, even if I have soe image on the lcd screen or in the evf but the load it's not finish, the camera wont fire, worst, the camer will like stop loading and and another 5-10 seconds more.

Yes, it's frustrating, the A7r is not my first Camera neither my first mirrorless Camera.
The A7R load like a P&S camera on weed.

Even the once named the slowest mirrorless camera in the world, the Canon EOS-M is faster than this.

And what I read here, it's not a but with my camera, it's a feature with Sony A7R.

So, I will just keep it like a history marker and a good camera to use my collecting lens, and I will continu to use my old but fast Canon/Nikon/Pentax gear.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

dude, the issue here is YOU. You get a defective unit (or you don't even own one..just being bs here). Why can't you just send it in to check it out? My A7r load up in 2 seconds. My partner A7r also the same. Most of the owner of A7r here respond to your thread don't have the same issue.

Base on your description, your camera need to check out by Sony. Seem like you refuse to send in the check out but to go around to spread the wrong information..blaming the system...more or less being a troll here. Why don't you take a video shot of your A7r and show us the issue you have. oh wait..you don't even have one to start with..

Until then, stop being a troll dude.

Edited on Aug 18, 2014 at 09:34 PM · View previous versions

Aug 18, 2014 at 07:47 PM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

DenisB wrote:
I use Sony Battery in Sony Grip on Sony A7r and it's take arround 30 seconds to load before then first shoot

What happens when you use the camera without the grip? Same 30 second startup?

30 second startup, grip or not, tells us the camera is defective. It's under warranty. Exercise your warranty.

Aug 18, 2014 at 09:19 PM
DenisB

p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

Of course it's take 2 seconds, when you don't change de battery or the lens like everyone said here, but once you chance theses, the game chance.

Aug 19, 2014 at 08:26 AM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

DenisB wrote:
Of course it's take 2 seconds, when you don't change de battery or the lens like everyone said here, but once you chance theses, the game chance.

change my (_-_)

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM
secondclaw
• • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Sony A7R minutes to load !

I have the same issue, but its fairly rare. Most of the time it powers on instantly, but on occasion it will be 10-15sec, and it takes almost 10sec before SD access light comes on.
I have real sony batteries ...

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:50 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.