New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Importing multiple cards at once with LR

NathanHamler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Importing multiple cards at once with LR

Trying to figure out what is going on with LR5 currently...i just switched from Aperture a while back, and Aperture had no problem importing and processing 2 cards at once....if you tried more than 2, it would cue anything after 2 to start once one finished.....When i went to LR, i was able to do that for about a week....then, for some reason, it stopped letting me do it....if i start importing one card, and i go back to up File > Import Photos and Video..., the option is greyed out....so i can't even start another import....what the heck is going on here looked through the preferences, can't find anything....let me know what's up...thanks!

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Importing multiple cards at once with LR

Open the Import Dialog box, go to the Sources Panel on the left side of the screen and you will see your card readers listed. Make sure the "Include Subfolders" option is checked, then Command/CTRL click on the name of each card reader to select them. Hit the Import button and all your files should begin importing simultaneously.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:20 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Importing multiple cards at once with LR

Ok, so can you select which files on the card you want?? Or is this method an all or nothing type thing?

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:49 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Importing multiple cards at once with LR

How about you try it and see what happens.

As you select each card reader in the Sources panel (or try CTRL/Command clicking on each DCIM folder instead of the card reader), you will see thumbnails in the middle panel. From there you can check or uncheck which files you want to Import.

Aug 10, 2014 at 01:09 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Importing multiple cards at once with LR

James_N wrote:
How about you try it and see what happens.

As you select each card reader in the Sources panel (or try CTRL/Command clicking on each DCIM folder instead of the card reader), you will see thumbnails in the middle panel. From there you can check or uncheck which files you want to Import.

Yeah, just figured it out....wasn't in front of the computer at the time i responded, but yes, i do appreciate you not getting testy...thanks :-)

Aug 10, 2014 at 01:33 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Importing multiple cards at once with LR

Ha...

You're welcome. I wasn't in front of a computer with Lightroom either so i was working from memory. I don't use that function in LR; I prefer to use either Downloader Pro or ImageIngester as they are much more robust that Lightroom's Import Modulen.

NathanHamler wrote:
Yeah, just figured it out....wasn't in front of the computer at the time i responded, but yes, i do appreciate you not getting testy...thanks :-)

Aug 10, 2014 at 01:59 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.