Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · How to get D600 replaced for D610?

Dreamscape17

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to get D600 replaced for D610?

I took my D600 in for repair earlier this year and what do you know, the spots came right back. I really don't want to be without my camera again for 1-2+ weeks. How can I persuade Nikon to just give me a D610? Fortunately I live near the LA Nikon center so I can drive there and talk to someone in person.

Aug 06, 2014 at 06:28 PM
Gregstx
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to get D600 replaced for D610?

I would be pretty sure they are not going to send you a new 610 without you returning your 600. And I would be surprised if they did an immediate swap if you did show up in person. But, maybe the service department has a new attitude and will swap with you. Good luck.

Aug 06, 2014 at 09:23 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to get D600 replaced for D610?

There was a class action suit. Can you get in on that?

EBH

Aug 06, 2014 at 09:27 PM
Dreamscape17

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to get D600 replaced for D610?

Gregstx wrote:
I would be pretty sure they are not going to send you a new 610 without you returning your 600. And I would be surprised if they did an immediate swap if you did show up in person. But, maybe the service department has a new attitude and will swap with you. Good luck.

I should have been clear. I expect to return the 600 for the 610 lol.

Aug 06, 2014 at 10:59 PM
vivisha
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to get D600 replaced for D610?

I would say your best chance at having Nikon trade your D600 for a D610 is if you either:

a) Are really popular and have lots of followers on social media, I'm talking about millions of people following you. Then maybe you can leverage the bad publicity you can make for them.

b) You personally know one of the top executives at Nikon Corporation, the Pope or God and can have them intercede for you

c) You work for a large news organization in the likes of Getty, and are in charge of the purchasing of camera equipment, you can then tell Nikon you will never purchase another Nikon product for as long as you work there or tell them you'll switch from Canon if they agree to the camera trade.

I'm not sure if any of those options apply to you. As far as giving you tips on what to tell them, I have no idea, but would like to know what happens when you do go there and ask for a trade.

Aug 06, 2014 at 11:43 PM
MitchSC
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to get D600 replaced for D610?

The Service Advisory states:

"However, if a number of multiple granular dust spots are still noticeable in images captured with a D600 upon which the above service has been performed several times, Nikon will replace it with a new D600 or an equivalent model."

Don't know what Nikon's definition of several is, but I have heard of folks getting a new 610 on the 3rd time of sending their 600 in. I think you have to ask for replacement.

Aug 07, 2014 at 09:05 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.