New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Subway

andyjaggy82
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Subway

I got permits for the Subway this coming October. Does anyone have GPS tracks or a good resource for the bottom up hike? I have done the top down before, but it was years ago and I don't remember it very well at this point. I would prefer to NOT get lost.

Aug 05, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Subway

This looks pretty good.
http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide/lowersubway.cfm

Finding your way there is dead easy. Descend into the creek and just follow it upstream until you get there. The only real way to get messed up would be to miss the short, steep climb-out trail on the hike back. (Easy enough for a tired hiker to do!) Program your GPS with a waypoint when you reach the creek on the way in.

Due to the rough terrain, the hike itself is more tiring than the distance might suggest. And, since much if the trail runs right down the middle of the cold creek, proper clothing is essential if the weather is anything less than sunny and warm. (And October weather can be quite changeable.)

Aug 06, 2014 at 01:55 AM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Subway

Yeah I've noticed a lot of people saying it's a grueling hike, but it obviously must be more difficult than the stats suggest, because otherwise 6.5 miles and that amount of elevation gain is pretty easy.

Aug 06, 2014 at 07:28 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.