New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · B&W vs Color and all in between

nolaguy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · B&W vs Color and all in between

I know it varies for all of us based on mood, intent, setting, image quality, etc – and that we often convert once we’ve studied the day’s images – (read: after the fact).

BUT… if you had to identify yourself and your brand with one distinctive look from A to Z, B&W to deeply saturated color, what would it be?

Please post and tell us what option you voted for – and please share your rationale.

I'm sure the community would find your examples and explanations most interesting... but remember, this isn't a poll about your varied handling... it's about your preferred handling and why.

Some of you may wish you could choose two options as circumstances and moments of opportunity vary greatly. Please simply reply to the thread and say “I voted for ’this’, but ’that’ was a close second”

If I’ve left your favorite off, please simply reply and describe.

As always, thanks for playing.

Regards,

Chuck

Aug 04, 2014 at 12:51 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · B&W vs Color and all in between

Oh yeah! We got some clicks...

3 big votes... not counting the you know.

Aug 04, 2014 at 07:35 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · B&W vs Color and all in between

what about just "natural" ?

Aug 05, 2014 at 05:49 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · B&W vs Color and all in between

Thanks for the reply, CW.

I think "+1 – Color – natural tones even though they may seemed washed out" = "natural" though I didn't word it very well.

"...though they may seem washed out" has a negative connotation and I didn't intend it that way. What I meant is that even comparatively vibrant shots straight out of the camera often seem less colorful than many of the more processed images we see so much of... so for the purposes of this poll, +1 represents natural.

Regards,

Chuck

Aug 05, 2014 at 09:12 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · B&W vs Color and all in between

Too many choices for me> And each one of your choices can be made for an image to meet each choice
Hope that makes sense.
To me the poll is too general. What I like is contained in your poll but again, I base my choice on a particular image.
Dan

Aug 05, 2014 at 11:45 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.