Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

rwingsfan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

Not sure this is the place to address this but I received a pm in response to a WTB ad on the B&S. Just from the wording, the fact the seller will discount quite some, and the fact they have NO feedback rating or posts here on FM have me puzzled. Don't want to name them here but how does one check out a seller? I thought there were some things in place where you had to meet some criteria to even be able to send pm's ?

Aug 02, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Methodical
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

Walk away. But if you decide to go forth, use paypal and your credit card for security and possible recourse. Also, please don't use paypal gift.

Al

Aug 02, 2014 at 12:23 PM
rwingsfan
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

Methodical wrote:
Walk away. But if you decide to go forth, use paypal and your credit card for security and possible recourse. Also, please don't use paypal gift.

Al

Yeah, I don't believe in PP gift anyway. As much as I hate the fees it is a service and one must pay to use it, period. Are there not some criteria one has to meet before replying to ads?

Aug 02, 2014 at 12:27 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

One among many *** SCAM ALERT Beware Dealing with ANDYKENNETH ***

and Aceepting PayPal gift, risk? here in this forum

What is really troubling is seeing some accounts opened in March and April with 'batches' of two word posts --- then sitting dormant --- some here will remember how scammers 'aged' eBay usernames

Hope you will report username to Fred.

Aug 02, 2014 at 01:59 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

Is the Profile part of Seller's section here filled out? Does the Seller list a site(s) where his pictures are posted? Did you PM Seller asking for a "hard physical address" and current telephone #? Did you do a Google search on his screen name or any other personally identifying information he might have give you? Where else do you have feedback from Selling items of equivalent $ amount? PM him with these requests and see what he says/does in response.

Of course you can alway use the tactic of saying "you've got no credibility here, send me the item in advance of my payment via USPS Priority Mail, insured for full value with signature confirmation and tracking, I'll inspect it and, if it is as advertised (beforehand, you will have gotten pictures of what he's selling with a 3x5 card next to the item with his name and current date on it, correct?), I'll then send you the money via regular PayPal.

If you do at least this, you'll likely smoke him out if he's a scammer. (parenthetically, it doesn't help you that you have no completed Profile!)

Aug 02, 2014 at 02:51 PM
rwingsfan
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

Well you are partiality right. I was just asking about criteria. I would not buy from this person regardless. Now the fact that I don't have my little profile filled out is meaningless considering my feedback and I at least have some participation in the forum.

anthonysemone wrote:
Is the Profile part of Seller's section here filled out? Does the Seller list a site(s) where his pictures are posted? Did you PM Seller asking for a "hard physical address" and current telephone #? Did you do a Google search on his screen name or any other personally identifying information he might have give you? Where else do you have feedback from Selling items of equivalent $ amount? PM him with these requests and see what he says/does in response.

Of course you can alway use the tactic of saying "you've got no credibility here, send me the item
...Show more

Aug 02, 2014 at 02:59 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

Your welcome

Aug 02, 2014 at 03:02 PM
rwingsfan
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

anthonysemone wrote:
Your welcome

Sorry, thank you for your input. I really did not mean to be rude. I did in fact edit my profile, I am just so boring

Aug 02, 2014 at 03:26 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

anthonysemone wrote:
Your welcome

Aug 02, 2014 at 05:14 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

EBH

Aug 03, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Savas K
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

I don't know. I'm here sniffing the laptop and so far, no Spam smell. I eat Spam a lot.

Aug 04, 2014 at 04:19 PM
rwingsfan
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Recieved pm that smells like spam?

Except for anthonysemone why bother to even post? Jeesh...

Aug 04, 2014 at 08:26 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.