Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon FD 28 2.8 on my A7 - First shots, mini review...

atracksler
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon FD 28 2.8 on my A7 - First shots, mini review...

This is my first experience with legacy glass on the A7. I have used MF lenses before, all the way back to a view camera in art school...

Thanks to everyone who helped me find a nice wide piece of legacy glass. The 28 is a really nice wide FOV for me. 50 seems to be about how I see, so the 28 is really refreshing.

The 28 2.8 is nicely sized, with the adapter its about the same as the Zeiss 55 1.8 on the A7.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to set the adapter so that I could use the aperture on the lens, its not the worlds most intuitive thing on the adapter, but 1 minute later, we were off and running.

Focus throw is nice. The MFD is about 1 foot, which is nice as well.

Using a MF/Legacy lens on the A7 is really cool, since you are effectively looking through the sensor at the image you are about to capture.

Focus peaking is a godsend.

I really liked using the tilt out screen and shooting waist level....

All of these have a little PP on them, but for all intents and purposes are representative. The panoramic is a 2 shot stitch.

C&C welcome.

Anyway, enough of my yappin'.... lets boogie!

Aug 01, 2014 at 04:49 PM
atracksler
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon FD 28 2.8 on my A7 - First shots, mini review...

a few more...

Aug 01, 2014 at 04:51 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon FD 28 2.8 on my A7 - First shots, mini review...

Nice, looks like you'll get along with manual lenses just fine.
If your FD is a breach lock type, you can push the aperture lever along its groove to the end where it gets held, then you don't have to use the adapters aperture lock ring, the aperture will be available the moment you mount the lens and turn the breach lock, you'll never forget to set/activate it again like I did, till I found out about that feature, sadly the FDn don't have this feature.

Aug 01, 2014 at 05:49 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.