Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Aceepting PayPal gift, risk?

TMaG82
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aceepting PayPal gift, risk?

Just wanted some quick clarification before accepting a sale. Trying to sell something and in the past I've always accepted only regular PayPal transactions, for both parties sake. I don't mind the 3% fee as it's a cost of doing business. But I rather not accept gift option as I don't want to find myself not covered. I'm not trying to accuse anyone of trying to pull a fast one. But I know that the buyer loses buyer protection, but are there any risks as the seller? Or am just being paranoid?

Jul 30, 2014 at 09:30 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aceepting PayPal gift, risk?

Yes. You don't get seller coverage. Don't do it!

The buyer can claim that the item isn't as described, and he'll get a refund from your account. I don't think that PayPal will wait until it gets returned to you (if ever) before issuing his refund. Run away...

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Aceepting PayPal gift, risk?

I don't think the buyer can file a claim regarding the item he received since it's a "gift" payment, but he might be able to reverse the charge through his bank/card company by claiming it's a fraud and Paypal will do nothing to protect you or stop the reversed charge. Anyhow, both buyer & seller are at risk with gift payments.

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Aceepting PayPal gift, risk?

jcolwell wrote:
Yes. You don't get seller coverage. Don't do it!

The buyer can claim that the item isn't as described, and he'll get a refund from your account. I don't think that PayPal will wait until it gets returned to you (if ever) before issuing his refund. Run away...

There have been dozens of warnings in threads posted here about PP Gift. Fred has posted numerous warnings about NOT using PP Gift..
Bottom Line....DON'T USE IT!!!!!!!

Jul 31, 2014 at 07:27 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Aceepting PayPal gift, risk?

Here's the bottom line:

The Buyer sends a "Gift" hoping to get a "gift" in return.

The best part is, either can scam the other with no real risk.

Paypal Gift discussions are like asking if the guy breaking $100 bill at a NYC hot dog stand should count his change.

Here's a thread about a guy Fred locked a few days ago. He returned and was spotted by an eagle eyed FM'er. He was back for another bite at the apple ... YESTERDAY

Jul 31, 2014 at 09:07 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.