New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · A little rant about courtesy and expectations in the B&S

NikonJeff
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A little rant about courtesy and expectations in the B&S

I've been an avid user in the B&S and have had great luck on both ends of transactions but this latest purchase has got me really frustrated.

If you're selling something and it takes 2 days to respond to an inquiry, then it takes 5 days to mail it out and then once you've received feedback to not respond in like?

Maybe my expectations are high as I'm a believer in good communication and fairness. In all fairness I wanted to leave less than "great" feedback but I thought "fair" was too harsh as the box arrived looking like it literally fell off a truck in Brooklyn… The US Postal Service put a sticker on the box that said "RECEIVED DAMAGED" because the box and packing job was that bad…

Some people…

<<Rant over>>

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:29 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A little rant about courtesy and expectations in the B&S

I've been reasonably lucky with my limited number of transactions here. One thing I do check in the seller's feedback is whether the seller packed the sold items well and responded to communications in a timely manner.

I did have one guy that I purchased a lens from and when I got the package, the lens hood was rattling around inside. Looked like he might have forgotten about the hood and at the last minute and just threw it into the box and mailed it. I didn't leave him any feedback.

I agree that "fair" feedback might be a little harsh but, carefully worded "Great" with reference to the poor packing job might do the trick for future purchasers.

Jul 30, 2014 at 04:13 PM
Jason_Brook
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A little rant about courtesy and expectations in the B&S

I recently had a poor experience as well.

Sold two items on the board, buyer payed with paypal, and since we're local did a face to face delivery. He stated "do not be late, I have appointments", in a condescending manner. Well, so do I, and he was 30 minutes late. Didn't bother to answer my phone call either. Rather he texted after being 15 minutes late. He was a nice enough gentleman once he arrived, checked everything out and even commented that they were indeed mint and thanked me.

I left great feedback, acknowledging that crap happens. I thanked him and told him I left feedback; suddenly he had to evaluate the gear. This is not Best Buy, there is no return period. Then he insisted on having the receipts, even though there was no mention of me providing them in my sale and he had already paid for the gear. Four days later he finally said they were good.

Jul 31, 2014 at 01:41 PM
NikonJeff
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A little rant about courtesy and expectations in the B&S

Thank you for the views and replies. I know people are busy, forgetful and in general mean well but if I keep seeing this person "online in the forum" and there isn't so much as a courtesy reply to my PM's it just rubs me the wrong way.

Oh well, glad I'm not alone - bigger fish to fry as they say...

Jul 31, 2014 at 06:14 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A little rant about courtesy and expectations in the B&S

Fair enough. I agree that communication should be prompt to the point of almost instantaneous - few excuses these days. I know what you're saying about seeing people online - but some people have different standards when it comes to courtesy and professionalism.

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:56 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.