New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Finding good Photography Trips, Tours and Workshops

ottawaronin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Finding good Photography Trips, Tours and Workshops

Where do you guys go to find good/interesting photography trips and tours? Short of doing a tedious google search, I haven't found much of anything.

Because of this problem, I've been working on building a online directory of photography trips and tours. I'm hoping to make this a resource that photographers will find useful.

If you're interested, please visit phototripster.com.

If you have suggestions of what features you'd like, please let me know. If you are photographer providing tours, be sure to sign up as we'll have a way to add yourself to the database.

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2014 at 06:36 AM
Charlie San
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Finding good Photography Trips, Tours and Workshops

I like the idea. Been to the site and there isn't much yet but I think there is much potential. I started a thread in this forum about listing upcoming photo workshops and listed a few such as the Moab Photo Symposium, Look3, and the upcoming Telluride Photo Festival. Besides the information and inspiration at such events I always find such events a good excuse to travel and explore. Traveling to and from past Look3 festivals, for example, have exposed me to photo locations in West Virginia and the Chesapeake Peninsula which I may never have thought about.

Jul 30, 2014 at 09:16 AM
PhilPDX
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Finding good Photography Trips, Tours and Workshops

ottawaronin wrote:
Short of doing a tedious google search...

First world problem...

Hop on the car and drive around; that's what I do. If I find a great location (and there are plenty where I live), I enjoy it and don't talk about it - especially not on the WWW. But that's just me.

-Phil

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:00 AM
ottawaronin
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Finding good Photography Trips, Tours and Workshops

oops... I think I wasn't clear about this service. It was to provide a listing of all photography tours and workshops (ie: trip to Iceland, African Safaris, etc., etc.) Sometimes it's hard to find what photography tours are offered, etc.

It wasn't meant to be a listing of all cool places you've discovered.

Jul 30, 2014 at 01:06 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.