New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · PPA and/or Insurance

wembley
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PPA and/or Insurance

Is anyone here a member of PPA (Professional Photographers of America) and use their insurance?

I am needing to insure my equipment and working in event photography, 2nd shooting weddings and some of my own work (action, portraits).

Looks like a decent deal to Join PPA and get their free Insurance and then add in additional insurance.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Wembley

PS
Equipt: D3s, D2x, IR D70, 400 f2.8, 300 f4, 70-200 f2.8, 28-70 f2.8, 17-35 f2.8, 50 f1.4, a few flashes (sb800)

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:22 PM
photorebel
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PPA and/or Insurance

I'm a member of PPA, never have filed a claim. But if I read it right, they only pay the actual cash value of your equipment (depreciated)..if something should happen. Maybe I read it wrong.
But..I believe I'd look for replacement coverage. (which is what I'm doing myself)

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Aloicious
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PPA and/or Insurance

I have private insurance from TCP&co which covers my equipment for full replacement value (non-depreciated) and includes things like computers, and any misc equipment. I've never had to file a claim with them, but I've been very happy with their service up to this point...

I've looked at the PPA insurance and photorbel is right, they will insure it only for depreciated value. which isn't nearly as good, but better than nothing. a private insurance policy might cost a little more, but IMO, it's worth it.

if you're just doing photography as a hobby (non-business, non-income producing), you might also look at a rider for your homeowners insurance, sometimes that can be added on for a limited value, and is usually the cheapest way to go. but look out for strict limitations, and stipulations that might be on the clause.

Jul 28, 2014 at 01:51 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.