New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Custom mode on 1D4

bipock
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Custom mode on 1D4

For some reason, I was thnking you could set up a custom shooting mode on the 1D4. I can't seem to find how to do it. Is my memory wrong?

Jul 27, 2014 at 08:27 PM
wtlloyd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Custom mode on 1D4

You can register up to 3 different sets of Custom Function sets, it's in the bottom of the custom function screen. You use this same menu to apply previously saved CF settings.
AF and AE micro-adjust settings are not saved, so you will lose, for example, any lens focus adjustments you have registered.
This alone, for me, makes this registration feature useless.
I THINK, not sure, that only the CF settings can be registered, not things like drive speed, mode selection or other external camera body controlled settings....if you play with it, let us know.

Jul 27, 2014 at 08:46 PM
bipock
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Custom mode on 1D4

Found that, but doesn't save the M settings like my 1Dx does. Really thought I had that function set on my last mk4. Oh well, I'll deal with it.

Jul 27, 2014 at 08:50 PM
dmahar
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Custom mode on 1D4

You can save and load and unlimited number of setups to CF card. On my 1D iv all settings including MA and exposure mode are included in the saved file. It is a bit slow to load compared to just selecting C1-3 on a 5d iii though.

Jul 28, 2014 at 07:53 AM
Vancouver47
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Custom mode on 1D4

Can you toggle between/among Custom settings like the 1Dx?

Jul 28, 2014 at 07:36 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Custom mode on 1D4

No, but you can put the load/save option in My Menu, and then use that to load up any previously saved configuration file fairly easily. Not as nice as a dial switch, but you could save several different configurations with different custom WBs, etc on your card, and switch between them as needed.

Word of warning, I just found it easier to just change settings on the fly though, and I ended up stopping loading previous configurations each time.

Jul 28, 2014 at 07:42 PM
dmahar
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Custom mode on 1D4

The other limitations of load/save custom settings are that you must remember not to reformat the CF card (I keep backups of the settings files on my PC just in case) and there is no option to resave a settings file under the same file name if you tweak an existing file.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Custom mode on 1D4

bipock wrote:
Oh well, I'll deal with it.

Yep, you'll just have to put up with the 1D X. Sure is tough when second best isn't as good as the best

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.