FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Couple wants to ...

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Couple wants to ...

put their personal Logo in the album, it is not a logo of teir business or brand or whatever just them as a couple, the firs letter of their names.

Not sure what to do, by contract they can not put anything in the album, the thing is I dont put my logo just my name in the last spread so Imdont see a logo not mine around that doesnt represent me !!!

Any idea here !!!

Jul 26, 2014 at 08:19 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Couple wants to ...

I put it in.. what if you have a traditional wedding and they want to put their family crest? It is almost the same thing. Also, people who look at this album will probably their friends and family. Most will know what is up with that logo.

Jul 26, 2014 at 08:46 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Couple wants to ...

I can't think of any legit reason why you would not honor their wishes in this case. Pride?

I offer firm guidance on how I think my client's albums should look, but ultimately the final design is their call. I feel like you are doing them a disservice if you refuse to honor their wishes regarding what goes into the album that they paid for.

Jul 26, 2014 at 09:27 AM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Couple wants to ...

What do you mean by contract they cant put anything in the album?

Im not even understanding the issue or why your are questioning it. It their album...

Jul 26, 2014 at 09:40 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Couple wants to ...

jmraso wrote:
put their personal Logo in the album, it is not a logo of teir business or brand or whatever just them as a couple, the firs letter of their names.

Not sure what to do, by contract they can not put anything in the album, the thing is I dont put my logo just my name in the last spread so Imdont see a logo not mine around that doesnt represent me !!!

Any idea here !!!

NO, no idea at all as to what the hell your problem with this is?

Did you somehow along the way forget It's THEIR album, they are just paying you to create it and it then belongs to them and not you??

When I buy something that is personal and customiseable to what I want, the bloke selling it better be prepared to accomodate my wishes rather than worrying about what he wants.... if he wants my business that is.

If I buy a new Rolls royce or pretty much any other car, If I want the thing painted purple with yellow Polka dots, they will give me a price and then paint it the way I want. , If I want different wheels on it, I get what I want and pay for. If the salesman said " We are not going to put wheels with your name on the centre caps, I'd tell him to shove his car where the sun don't shine and go find someone that was less self absorbed with what they want and more interested in giving me, the paying customer what -I- wanted!

I work under this apparently strange idea that I should accomodate any reasonable requests my clients make.... and this seems more than reasonable to me. IF the couple wiere other photographers and wanted me to put their name on it, would be a different thing but there is no detriment or disadvantage to you by putting the couples initials on THEIR album.
It's a personal not a commercial thing, I'm astounded you wouldn't agree to it automatically.

I think what you should do is honestly tell them why you have an issue with this.
Then give them a refund on any deposits paid so they can go find someone who won't have such a problem giving them what they want and are paying for.

Jul 26, 2014 at 09:48 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Couple wants to ...

You have a problem with them having their custom monogram in the album...?

Need help removing that stick from your ass?

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:47 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Couple wants to ...

TTLKurtis wrote:
You have a problem with them having their custom monogram in the album...?

Need help removing that stick from your ass?

Ok, I took it off my ass !!! so which spread or page would be better first page, last page ... .?

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Couple wants to ...

I personally think the first page, or inner cover would be nice.

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:11 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Couple wants to ...

With some companies you may even be able to have it stamped on the end sheet in the front of the book. That would be nice. Otherwise having something classy on the first page or cover is perfectly fine.

Jul 26, 2014 at 03:40 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Couple wants to ...

I would put it on the cover if possible or the first page

Jul 26, 2014 at 07:53 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.