New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

ranankay
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

Any idea on the blooming flowers at Paradise [Mt Rainier] for August 2014 are they having a wet year or has it been dry. With difficulty I could reschedule and land there around the 17th of August vs September 15th . I would really like to catch the flowers in foreground shots of Mt Rainier. Any locals out there know, can I still capture beautiful images after the 17th of August?
Thanks Randall

Jul 23, 2014 at 07:42 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

You can still get flowers August 17th, but some of the park will be past prime by then. Sunrise/Grand Park usually bloom first, followed by Spray/Seattle Park and then Paradise. My buddy just came back from the Sunrise area and said that he thinks another week or so before it blooms - but it is raining up there right now until this weekend.

I am heading to Mt. Rainier next weekend. I was up there last year August 2nd and flowers were past prime at Sunrise (Sunrise is the highest point in which you can drive to - 7K feet or so). Paradise was prime by then. This year I will be there July 31st through August 3rd - shorter time but going with my wife.

Some places to check on reports.. check the LAST post on
THIS link

NWHIKERS

WTA

NPS

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
ranankay
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

Thanks Dustin for the update

Jul 23, 2014 at 02:12 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

I just read a report stating that Grand Park will most likely be prime next week, which means Sunrise and Berkeley Park will be as well.

Jul 23, 2014 at 02:35 PM
ranankay
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

Boy I just can't get there that quick, but maybe it will last until it do ha.
thanks Randall

Jul 23, 2014 at 03:11 PM
JohnKS
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

We were at Mt. Rainier the 18th through the 21st and then spent 4 days in Seattle. This was our first trip to the state of Washington. We stayed in Ashford near the southwest entrance to the park. On our first day we drove to the visitor center in Paradise and spoke with one of the rangers in regards to the best place to view wildflowers. There was still snow on some of the trails in Paradise at that time. The flowers were no where near peak as of a week ago. Perhaps it is different now. He suggested we run up to Sunrise on the northeast side of the park for wildflower viewing. We did as he suggested and we were not disappointed. I only wish I was a better photographer as I was hoping to get some good shots of the wildflowers. We saw many wildflowers throughout our drive in the park. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help with what I know. We could have easily stayed in the Mt Rainer area for another week.

Jul 31, 2014 at 04:18 PM
ranankay
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · MtRainier Flowers blooming

I know what you mean,I've never been there but I could spend a week there i"m sure . thanks Randall

Jul 31, 2014 at 08:14 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.