Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Banff In October - Bad Time To Go?

Side1Cincy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Banff In October - Bad Time To Go?

Kicking around the idea to go to Banff in the beginning of October and curious if this was a bad time to go? I've read a bit that October may be a bad time due to possibilities of snow, cold, closed roads and the small windows of sunlight. Does anyone have advice or experience in going to Banff / Jasper in October? Advice is appreciated.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:29 PM
gromitc

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Banff In October - Bad Time To Go?

I've been there only in June and July, but I think early October would be fine. Only problem is that there may be some road closures. If you don't want to have any chance like this, choose September instead.

Jul 21, 2014 at 09:56 PM
pliukait
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Banff In October - Bad Time To Go?

If you go in October, make sure it is before Canadian Thanksgiving, October 13. I believe after that date is when most things will be closing.

Snow can happen at anytime of the year there. I've been golfing in Banff in July and had sun, rain, sleet, and snow all in the space of 6 holes!

Been there in October and had 75F temps, another year in October brought temps of -10F temps. The average is 50F during the day and below freezing at night, but for the most part it is usually sunny.

It's a good time to go, no crowds. You can find that you have some places to yourself.

Make sure you get yourself to Lake Louise early in the morning when the lake is still, absolutely stunning.

Have a look at these eBooks: http://www.darwinwiggett.com/ebooks/
You may find them useful.

Regards.....Pete

Jul 23, 2014 at 05:59 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Banff In October - Bad Time To Go?

Banff/Jasper is a beautiful destination and the Bow Valley/Icefield Parkway is gorgeous. October may be a little late in the season. Check with Scott Stoness from the Nature and Wildlife forum. He is from Calgary and is very familiar with the area.

Sep 13, 2014 at 01:05 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.