New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Two for consideration...

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two for consideration...

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Jul 19, 2014 at 04:48 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two for consideration...

First one for me. I like the expression on her face.

Jul 19, 2014 at 07:04 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two for consideration...

I lean towards the second.
First, the conversions are up to your excellent standards.
Second, the girl is a great subject and the story is clear.
Third, I think both suffer a bit from the OOF woman on the right. More so in the first where her profile and a bit of the brightness on her nose bring more attention to her as a subject. In the second she is somewhat less prominent and her gaze and head position reinforce the joint activity of reading together.
Scott

Jul 19, 2014 at 08:03 PM
Almass
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two for consideration...

Getting there.

The first pic is great and shows a nice expression of both mother and daughter with the mother watching and participating to the story book moment.

The mother is very much OOF as she should be.

The B/W treatment works this time with the desat.

However, the light is all over the place with still hot spots remaining in the highlights.

What such picture needs is to balance the lighting with a skew towards the hero who is the face of the little girl.

All the light and dark patchwork shadows on the mother's face, the little girl right index finger, the white bed sheet adjacent to the book, the stuffed toy texture, the little girl white sleeve, the mother's knuckles......etc

This is what it would like:

Jul 21, 2014 at 05:04 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two for consideration...

sbeme wrote:
I lean towards the second.
First, the conversions are up to your excellent standards.
Second, the girl is a great subject and the story is clear.
Third, I think both suffer a bit from the OOF woman on the right. More so in the first where her profile and a bit of the brightness on her nose bring more attention to her as a subject. In the second she is somewhat less prominent and her gaze and head position reinforce the joint activity of reading together.
Scott

Thanks Ben & Scott,

Appreciate the arms-length commentary and objectivity - I'm somewhat biased. Now that I see it Mom's gaze appears to the left of book - not the case - but oh well.

Thanks again,

Bob

Jul 21, 2014 at 08:00 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two for consideration...

Almass wrote:
Getting there.

The first pic is great and shows a nice expression of both mother and daughter with the mother watching and participating to the story book moment.

However, the light is all over the place with still hot spots remaining in the highlights.

What such picture needs is to balance the lighting with a skew towards the hero who is the face of the little girl.

All the light and dark patchwork shadows on the mother's face, the little girl right index finger, the white bed
...Show more

Almass,

Thanks for tidying up the image - flaws undetected in the heat of the moment. Substantial improvement.

Regards,

Bob

Jul 21, 2014 at 08:03 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two for consideration...

Almass wrote:
Getting there.

All the light and dark patchwork shadows on the mother's face, the little girl right index finger, the white bed
...Show more

Good eye and great lesson on details.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Two for consideration...

Nice shots. They each portray a nice intimate, precious moment. The 2nd is my favorite.

Jul 21, 2014 at 02:00 PM
CarnCarn

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Two for consideration...

I prefer the first, the innocent look on her face fits the mood better in my opinion. Both are fantastic though.

Jul 21, 2014 at 02:07 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.