New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

Achilles2010
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

It has been a long time since I contribute to this forum, and it makes me feel guilty, simply because I enjoy and admire the beautiful photography of many of you here. I just recently moved to LA from NY and it took me quite some time to put my new studio together. Below, I present you a few favorites from my recent studio shoot with my little one. As usual open for C&C.

Thanks for visiting.

Arthur

© Achilles2010

© Achilles2010

© Achilles2010

© Achilles2010

© Achilles2010

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

I think it's a beautiful set - she will love them I'm sure !

The only one I'm not keen on is #1 - the gaze looks wrong (would have been better if she was looking higher up) and there are shadows over her eyes don't enhance IMHO.

#2 is my favourite !

Jul 18, 2014 at 03:22 AM
Jammyn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

I agree with the Frog --- #2 is my favorite and wonderful set of imagery.

Jul 18, 2014 at 08:00 AM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

#2 here as well for fav!

Jul 18, 2014 at 08:43 AM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

Arthur, my advice to you is that in ten years, or so, you may want to buy a shotgun and a rocking chair. Put the rocking chair on the porch and sit in it while holding the shotgun because you're gonna be fighting off the young men. Your daughter is quite lovely and you've done a wonderful job of capturing it.

Kenny

Jul 18, 2014 at 09:04 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

Really fine set. 2 through 5 are wonderful. I also don't care for 1 that much.

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. You will be set for having a convenient model for the next ten years or so.

From the catch lights it looks like you're using a two light set-up. Care to comment on your lighting?

Thanks for sharing. The pictures are really excellent. Looking forward to Pt. II.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM
hcm228
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

I really like all of these images. That said, and maybe its only me, but the whites of her eyes seem to have a blue tint to them. I couldnt help but mention it. That said, you have a great set of images.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

hcm228 wrote:
I really like all of these images. That said, and maybe its only me, but the whites of her eyes seem to have a blue tint to them. I couldnt help but mention it. That said, you have a great set of images.

I see the blue as well. I am following here because my grand daughter asked me to do her senior pics and I am a landscape guy. You guys are fantastic, I also hope to see the OP share lighting.

This is a great set of a beautiful girl.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

Kenny,

I am laughing out loud From your description I imagined old wild, wild, western movie with me playing evil role in it. Thanks for the kind words!

Arthur

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Pictures of a girl that calls me daddy. Part I

As far is lighting setup goes, I used a Westcott Rapid Box - 26" Octa Softbox stuffed with Canon 600 EX Speedlite covered with diffuser to the viewer's right. As a fill light I used another Canon 600 EX with plastic omni diffuser to the viewer's left. Both lights were placed just above her eye level. Background was a roll of seamless white paper hanging on pair of Manfroto Auto Poles. All the shots have been done with 70-200L at 3.5-4.5 aperture.

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.