Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

There were a few posts over the past month requesting site/cart ideas. I thought I'd just share that PPB has really come a long way on their new cart, and many should really give it some consideration. Before my onset of kidney failure, causing me to shut down until I get through a transplant, I was beta testing this cart for them. I've continued to follow development, and they've really got something special growing here. Check out the latest update...

http://youtu.be/FturFaL2uic

Jul 17, 2014 at 08:11 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

Any lab partnerships announced?

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:46 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

It's self fulfillment at this time. I want to say Jared mentioned adding labs later, but I cannot find the info. All I've found publicly is that they're still deciding. It will not be part of the initial release though.

Jul 18, 2014 at 01:10 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

Still nothing on a mobile-aware site out of them?

Jul 18, 2014 at 01:47 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

What do you mean? PPBs are mobile aware... if you turn that feature on. I use to run it for iPhones only. Now days, I don't bother.

http://www.prophoto.com/support/mobile-site-overview/

Jul 18, 2014 at 01:58 AM
mci2727
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

I'm genuinely excited for the release of this (guess I'll have to move to PPB), thanks for the update!

Jul 18, 2014 at 07:01 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

amonline wrote:
What do you mean? PPBs are mobile aware... if you turn that feature on. I use to run it for iPhones only. Now days, I don't bother.

Checked out your link. I don't know if that's exactly what I was referring to. Is "aware" the same as "responsive", where a site automatically senses the size of the viewer's screen and makes adjustments in display on the fly?

Jul 20, 2014 at 03:01 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

I don't think anyone is developing "responsive" themes for PPB yet, but there are responsive themes for WP available.

Jul 20, 2014 at 04:52 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

amonline wrote:
I don't think anyone is developing "responsive" themes for PPB yet, but there are responsive themes for WP available.

Yeah, that's really what I was talking about: responsive. PPB should make some responsive sites.

Jul 21, 2014 at 01:58 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

They're too busy building the foundation. Their developing partners need to get with it. That said, I wonder if the PPB cart will work without PPB. (I doubt it) If so, there are plenty of responsive themes available.

Jul 21, 2014 at 02:21 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

amonline wrote:

Any wordpress site can be mobile ready, but not every site is responsive. The only reason I left pro photo was because they are not responsive and I don't want to design a site that is say 1000px wide but then my client only opens their browser to 750px and then they miss part of the site or they leave because it is annoying to them that they need to not only scroll up and down but left and right to view everything.

Also, when they view my same 1000px site on a higher res monitor, they will have a lot of dead space when viewing my site full screen. So I left and got a responsive site for this reason.

Jul 21, 2014 at 09:06 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

amonline wrote:

You can't develop a theme for pro photo that is responsive because their site engine and not responsive.

Jul 21, 2014 at 09:07 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

paparazzinick wrote:
The only reason I left pro photo was because they are not responsive

I've thought about getting a PPB site; the only thing holding me back is that they aren't responsive.

Jul 23, 2014 at 04:43 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · ProPhotoBlog Proofing Cart coming along very nicely...

D. Diggler wrote:
I've thought about getting a PPB site; the only thing holding me back is that they aren't responsive.

I used them from version 1 up to version 4. LOVED THEM! Still love them. Great customer service, great price, tons of options. Just not the 1 option I wanted. Responsive.

There is nothing the people designing templates can do because the responsive part is not built in to the core foundation of their system.

Jul 23, 2014 at 08:05 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.