FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Google adwords

rondphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Google adwords

Anyone using adwords and seeing a return on their investment? Are you getting bookings or tire-kickers? What kind of budget do you have setup?

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:51 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Google adwords

Nothing but tire-kickers every time I've tried. Just tried again recently, total waste of money and I forgot to turn it off after a week so I spent way more than intended... ugh. Never again.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:53 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Google adwords

I've used their trial offers a few times, and spent a little money on top of the credit each time, but really got nothing out of it. Perhaps letting the ads run longer and spending more money might help a little, but in general I find dropping cash on stuff like this to be pretty worthless.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:33 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Google adwords

spend about 600 bucks a month for nearly half a year, not worth it.

heiko

Jul 17, 2014 at 01:17 AM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Google adwords

I get a nice return on it (over past 3 years). I will say though, that it has involved basically getting a college degree in Google Analytics, haha. I've had to modify and customize just about everything, many times over, so there's also a time factor involved (countless hours in the first year, and much much less as time goes by). Obviously, I would rather have 100% referrals rather than Google AdWords, but for right now, it works really well for me...my goal is to kick it to the curb within 2 years. <Why? Because I only want to do X amount of weddings per year, and if I can get to X via referrals, that's the way to go

Jul 18, 2014 at 08:41 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Google adwords

Ive tried them from time to time. I usually do it for 2-3 months around peak times of engagement to help boost my name up there. It helps drive traffic and I think it has helped in the past.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:24 AM
aspirebooth
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Google adwords

You are better off spending the money into a company that does thorough SEO. You can spend $150 a month on google adwords likely resulting in nothing or spend the same and get results.

Google Adwords are only good for certain things and I find photography really isn't one of them since its hard to describe you and your product to clients via the 90 words or whatever they give you.

Now if and when google starts allowing people to have photos in search results rather than just text ads photographers will be in the money.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Google adwords

Facebook promoted posts or ads > Adwords

(For wedding photography)

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.